Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Twitter login and link facility bring up error msg

• essiele
  • essiele
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192419 by essiele
I'm trying to get our users to login to our website with their twitter id & password, using CB Connect (as an option). The authorisation window comes up fine asking for twitter details (or, if already logged in to twitter, asks for confirmation of authorisation). But when 'Connect' is clicked, this is what appears in the the window:

Something is technically wrong.
Thanks for noticing—we're going to fix it up and have things back to normal soon

I've also posted this in the discussion section of the Twitter developers site. But is there any help I can get with this issue from this end, please? Is this something that has been reported before?

Many thanks in advance.

Ess
:unsure:

Ess'iele
... seeing things.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #192479 by krileon
Looks like an issue on Twitters end. Nothing we can do about it, sorry. Maybe try re-creating your Twitter App exact to the instructions as your App my go to more reliable server perhaps. You may also want to try waiting a few hours then trying again to see if they've resolved their issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

• essiele
  • essiele
12 years 3 months ago #192610 by essiele
Ok. Thanks, Krileon.

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #192638 by krileon
It has been more then 24hrs are you still experiencing this issue? Others have suggested setting your application to Read & Write (as it should be) as well as checking your domain is correctly under @Anywhere (as it should be). As a last resort some have suggested re-creating your application.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• essiele
  • essiele
12 years 3 months ago #192709 by essiele
Thanks again, Kyle.

I am indeed going to re-create my Twitter app; I'll let you know how I got on.

Regards,

Ess

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

• essiele
  • essiele
12 years 3 months ago #193473 by essiele
I've been offline for a little while.

I deleted and recreated the app, then changed the consumer ID and secret in the CD Connect plugin, bit I get the same thing: the Twitter authorisation window saying "Something is technically wrong...". Yet it does log me in to Twitter. :(

Just thought of something... hold the phone...

Ess'iele
... seeing things.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon