ajax email checker : Could not check this email...

12 years 2 months ago #192925 by marklandry
Hi,
I've seen some other posts regarding this, but I'm unable to find a solution...

Using the ajax email checker, I get the following error...

Could not check this email: Please double-check: Needed for confirmation.

Even if I use a valid email address.

Thanx a ton for your help

Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192930 by krileon
Not every email address can be validated. For example pretty much all gmail addresses will fail validation because Google doesn't respond to MX record lookups. A lot of private webservers don't either. A good test is to try a yahoo email address.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192936 by marklandry
the one I used wasn't gmail...

I just need to do a simple check to see if someone's already registered using the email in question... Any way to simply do this?

At this point, if I input an email that's already being used, I get a js popup and a redirection to the home page and the user has to start over.

I could do a redirect with cb auto actions, but the form will clear and the user will have to start over with a blank form.

I just need the ajax checker to see if the email's taken or not...

12 years 2 months ago #192957 by marklandry
Looking a comprofiler.php it looks like there's a "regular" email checker?
[code type=php-brief]if ( $ueConfig > 1 )[/code]
but the only options I see in config are for the ajax email checker...

12 years 2 months ago #192973 by krileon
Within CB > Configuration > Registration set "Ajax Email checker" to "Yes, Check for email not registered and for server (!!! privacy ! see warning)" and it'll also check if the email address has been registered already.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192985 by marklandry
I tried that but it throws the error.
Is there any way to set it up so that it checks the joomla user's emails but skips the other functionality?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.489 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn