ajax email checker : Could not check this email...

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193010 by krileon
It checks if the email exists first then tries to check if the email is valid. No, there's no way to isolate the 2 features for them to be separate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #193058 by marklandry
bummer,
only other option is to have a popup that says "email is already registered", then have user redirected to the home page (i can setup a redirect but the form is still empty)

I really need to have the system check if the email is being used in real time, or redirect to the form without erasing EVERYTHING

12 years 2 months ago #193060 by marklandry
Is there a way to use auto action to somehow compare what's in the email input field with what's in the db then throw an error popup with redirecting?

12 years 2 months ago #193279 by krileon
I suppose so. You could try using a Code action with PHP to do all the comparisons and checks then perform a direct if necessary using the on before registration trigger. No idea how well it'll work though as it's not really designed for such usage. Maybe easier to just make a new trigger plugin and perform all your validation in it. You can also try the incubator project DB Lookup Field, but have little experience with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193538 by marklandry
DB lookup field looks like it does the same thing - popup error, then redirect to a blank form.

You mentioned a "trigger plugin?" Can you give a bit more info?

12 years 2 months ago #193596 by krileon
Please see the below tutorial regarding trigger based plugins. A installable example is provided for download at bottom of tutorial.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

You'd basically use the before registration trigger and check if the email was already registered then trigger a $_PLUGIN error if it is to fail registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn