Forum integration messed up

12 years 2 months ago #193154 by fribse2011
Forum integration messed up was created by fribse2011
There's a complete mess of the profile viewing when it comes to the built-in forum integration.

I randomly see strange ranks, and the rank graphics is also off.
Sometimes it shows the rank graphic set in the template, other times it shows the standard one.

For some users it shows administrator, when they are not.

Examples:
AndreasLC, when viewed in backend in Kunena, there is 'no rank' assigned, so it's only the 'number-of-posts' ranking that counts. He has 1 post, so he should be 'rank0', looking in Kunena, it shows rank0 and rank0 image. Looking in CB, it shows Administrator, and the administrator-graphics from the selected template.

fribert, when viewed in backend in Kunena, there is 'no rank' assigned, but as this user is administrator, it shows the administrator title, but now with the standard template administrator graphics, and not the selected template's graphics. If I select 'Administrator-rank' in the Kunena backend for the user, it shows the right graphics.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #193285 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Forum integration messed up
Please ensure you're using CB 1.8. The graphic CB uses for the ranks is purely based off what you configured for the the rank image patch in CB > Plugin Management > Forum integration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193348 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: Forum integration messed up
He, yes, but as I don't want my rank images to be messed up, I've called them someting else than rank0,1,2,3 etc. ah well, I guess I'll create my own template for Kunena as well.

Best regards
Fribse

12 years 2 months ago #193349 by fribse2011
So now I've copied the default template to my own template, and changed the rank images to rank0->rank6.
When I set the path in the plugin to reflect the template, it doesn't show the graphics, it just shows the text description.
I've tried both /template/dkdb/images/ranks and /template/dkdb/images

Best regards
Fribse

12 years 2 months ago #193413 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Forum integration messed up

I've called them someting else than rank0,1,2,3 etc.

They have to be named that as that's what it's looking for in the rank image src.

So now I've copied the default template to my own template, and changed the rank images to rank0->rank6.
When I set the path in the plugin to reflect the template, it doesn't show the graphics, it just shows the text description.
I've tried both /template/dkdb/images/ranks and /template/dkdb/images

The path should be as follows.

/template/YOURTEMPLATE/images

Once done review a profile and inspect the image with Firebug to ensure it's pointing to the correct location. If you've caching then you'll need to purge it first then refresh the profile page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193616 by fribse2011
Ok, clearing the cache in J fixed it right up.

What happens if I add more ranks?
With the way that it doesn't extract the ranks or the rankimages from K in any way, then I guess that won't work?

Best regards
Fribse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn