HELP REQUIRED - HOW TO USE CB CONDITIONAL?

12 years 2 months ago #193249 by cherylru85
HELP REQUIRED - HOW TO USE CB CONDITIONAL? was created by cherylru85
I subscribed to Professional Support, downloaded and installed CB Conditional and Auto Action.

Could somebody provide a guide as to how to set up and get the online registration to appear in tabbed format?!

I have all tabs set to div view in profile. Is there something else that needs to be done?

Also, how to I set conditional fields? what is the process flow?!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #193256 by nant
You need to install and publish the plugin.

Then when you edit a CB Field you will see extra parameters in the right column to specify when this field should appear or not (depending on other fields).

To enable step by step registration you need to click on edit plugin (CB PLugin manager) and enable Step by Step (Registration tab).

12 years 2 months ago #193265 by cherylru85
Replied by cherylru85 on topic Re: HELP REQUIRED - HOW TO USE CB CONDITIONAL?
Yes... I did that already, by enabling the Step by Step.

How do i adjust the tab order that it appears the way I want it?

12 years 2 months ago #193274 by krileon
Steps = Tabs. It tells you this directly in the description next to the input. You can move the "steps" by moving the "registration order" (found in tab edit) of your tabs in Tab Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193628 by cherylru85
Replied by cherylru85 on topic Re: HELP REQUIRED - HOW TO USE CB CONDITIONAL?
Thanks Krileon. Would give it a try.

But there's another problem now.

I have 4 radio button selections. Of which 2 options, if either selected the Text Area box should appear next.
The thing is I am only able to make the box appear for one of the options. I did the same conditions, using "DOES Contain" the text of the selected radio button, but it it does not pop up.

Please do not tell me that for the next field to appear based on a condition, only allows to configure 1 option but not more than 1.

If it allows more than 1 condition, how do I get it to work?

Assistance much appreciated. Thank you.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193739 by krileon
You should add a REGEX condition to your Text Area field with the following.

Condition self
IF Radio Field
IS REGEX /value1|value2/
THEN Show

Replace value1 and value2 in the above with the actual exact values in your radio input that you'd like to match.

Latest CB Conditional lets you condition up to 5 times per tab/field, but conditioning the same field based off multiple fields can cause problems. The multiple conditions are always OR scenarios.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn