upgrading uddeIM 2.5 to 2.6

12 years 2 months ago #193395 by raniko
upgrading uddeIM 2.5 to 2.6 was created by raniko
Hello. I'm currently on Joomla 1.7.5, CB 1.8 and UddeIM 2.5. I'd like to upgrade to UddeIM 2.6 but I wanted to make sure I understood the process... I read the FAQs and install readme files but I'm still a little confused. I think I can just install com_uddeim_j16 using the joomla extension manager with no other backups required since I am running on CB 1.8 and joomla 1.7.5... Is that correct? Also, do I need to update plug_, mod_ and cb_plug files as well or are they the same as the 2.5 version?

Many thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193420 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: upgrading uddeIM 2.5 to 2.6
We're not UddeIMs developers. Please post your question to the UddeIM boards below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/25-uddeim-plugin-and-component

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193454 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: upgrading uddeIM 2.5 to 2.6
Okay. Done. I have a similar question to upgrade to CBSUBs 1.3 from 1.2.2.

Given that I am on CB 1.8 and Joomla 1.7.5 I think I can just install all of the contents from the download over top of the existing files to upgrade (the "Method A" version of the manual)via their respective Joomla extension mgr or CB Builder plug in mgr, correct?

I'm assuming that I should overwrite any plugin and module that I am currently using or it will not function correctly. Is this correct or do I only need to install the CBSubs_MAIN_130rc1 file?

Thanks

12 years 2 months ago #193608 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: upgrading uddeIM 2.5 to 2.6
If upgrading CBSubs simply install it on top of it self and it'll upgrade everything as necessary. I recommend unpublishing the Joomla bot first (if installed) then install CBSubs main plugin, then install the CBSubs bot, next everything else, and finally re-enable the Joomla bot.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193631 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: upgrading uddeIM 2.5 to 2.6
Great, thank you. Actually, I just received an email about the new GroupJive 2.5 having been just released (3/7).... I actually just upgraded to GJ 2.5RC on 3/5. Is there any difference between the 2 or are they the same version?

Thanks,
RA

12 years 2 months ago #193635 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: upgrading uddeIM 2.5 to 2.6

raniko wrote: Great, thank you. Actually, I just received an email about the new GroupJive 2.5 having been just released (3/7).... I actually just upgraded to GJ 2.5RC on 3/5. Is there any difference between the 2 or are they the same version?

Thanks,
RA

Of course there is a difference.

Please upgrade to CB GroupJive 2.5.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn