How to add extra button?

12 years 1 month ago #194734 by cherylru85
How to add extra button? was created by cherylru85
Hi,
is it possible to add an additional button to link to a another page after a user updates their profile?

Here is my scenario - i would need the registered user to login to renew their membership.
But before they could proceed, they should first update their profile.

After updating, it should then have a another button or a hyperlink that could take them to a payment page, which they could make payment via PayPal, or select other modes of payment.

when the process is being completed, a notification email should be triggered to the user and the administrator, notifying that the such person has logged in and renew their membership.

I have the auto actions plugin installed. how would it help this process.

please advise.

thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194794 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to add extra button?
You can't add extra steps in-between the payment process. In other words you can't have them renew/upgrade/subscribe, send to profile edit, update, then send to payment page. Best I can suggest is use CB Progress Field, which will redirect them to profile edit after login to complete incomplete required fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194849 by cherylru85
Replied by cherylru85 on topic Re: How to add extra button?
Thanks. But I don't quite understand how the Progress Field helps in this actually.

Main purpose is for registered users to first login, check/update their profile, click "Update", then a Thank You Page or message shows to user.
In the same message/page, it should be able to display a link to the article with PayPal button.

What I require is a seamless process where the user could login, update details if necessary, then proceed to make payment for their subscription.

All I would require, would probably be somewhere which the page could display a thank you message, and embed a link to the payment page.

Is there a script file in which I could amend the message after the "Update" button is clicked?

12 years 1 month ago #194883 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to add extra button?
You could use CB Auto Actions with a Redirect action after the profile update trigger to redirect users to a Joomla article where you'd provide your thank you and PayPal button.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194963 by cherylru85
That sounds workable...
Would try it.

12 years 1 month ago #194971 by cherylru85
thanks krileon!
works exactly what is required.

so when it is not needed, the featured could temporaily be disabled, right?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn