[SOLVED] Registration e-mail missing confirmation link

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #195092 by erichf
We had a site up and running on a test server and everything was working fine. We moved the site to live and now whenever someone registers on the site, the confirmation e-mail is generated and sent but the e-mail doesn't contain a confirmation link for the user to click on to confirm the registration.

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195116 by nant

12 years 1 month ago #195128 by erichf
Joomla 1.7.3, CB 1.7.1

The hosting company did the move. I'm assuming they just did some mv commands but I don't really know. Other aspects of the site seem to be working fine.

File permissions seem to be ok in genernal because I can save configuration changes.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #195164 by krileon
Please upgrade to CB 1.8 and ensure within configuration.php that $live_site is set to '' (blank).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197058 by matthiasbehrends
Replied by matthiasbehrends on topic Re: Registration e-mail missing confirmation link
Link missing in CB 1.8 J2.5.4 since moved to new mysql database. Is that a hint?

12 years 1 month ago #197070 by krileon
Confirmation link only substitutes in if you've confirmation enabled within CB > Configuration > Registration. If it's not enabled then a confirmation link will never substitute in (even if you override in CBSubs).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn