Paypal + language + Cbsubs activation message

12 years 1 month ago #196676 by dotcom22
hello

My site is in french and german and I noticed a little language issue when making a true live test of payment (not sandbox).

I ordered a plan using german version of my site but using a french browser (my OS is in french too). The first part of paypal payment process was in french and the final part was in german. After payment I have been correctly redirected to my site (after clicking on the proposed merchand returning link) and CBSUBS displayed to me the german onscreen confirmation message... All Paypal notification received was in german...BUT CBsubs user activation message plan was in french...

I know Paypal something can badly handle language process...so is not easy to correct that. My only problem is the fact to have get CBsubs activation message in french instead to german...

Do you think this issue is due to the fact I used a french browser even if I was under my german area? Is not easy for me to well test because I don't have german OS and browser.

The fact to try to install multi-language browser is not a good idea because here also we can't trust in the result...

Other question: When plan will be deactivated, the message sent will be in french or german in this case ? When using Offline mode all language are well processed in all case...

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #196752 by nant

dotcom22 wrote: hello

My site is in french and german and I noticed a little language issue when making a true live test of payment (not sandbox).

I ordered a plan using german version of my site but using a french browser (my OS is in french too). The first part of paypal payment process was in french and the final part was in german. After payment I have been correctly redirected to my site (after clicking on the proposed merchand returning link) and CBSUBS displayed to me the german onscreen confirmation message... All Paypal notification received was in german...BUT CBsubs user activation message plan was in french...

I know Paypal something can badly handle language process...so is not easy to correct that. My only problem is the fact to have get CBsubs activation message in french instead to german...

Do you think this issue is due to the fact I used a french browser even if I was under my german area? Is not easy for me to well test because I don't have german OS and browser.

The fact to try to install multi-language browser is not a good idea because here also we can't trust in the result...

Other question: When plan will be deactivated, the message sent will be in french or german in this case ? When using Offline mode all language are well processed in all case...

thank

Known issue - activation emails use default language of site.
tracker item is 2637

I don't think there is a work-around yet.
Best I can think of is to include both languages in message.

12 years 1 month ago #196761 by dotcom22
ok thank for suggestion...

Of course including all language version text for all kind of message sent (using CB, Auto-Action, CBsubs) was a possibility (also because much easy to do instead to always play with all languages strings/files) and I thought about that for a while. I started my project using this method...but after I changed approach.

My conclusion was is better to separate each language because I personally noticed when receiving french+german message in my Inbox, the message was sometime tagged as Spam. Other thing (when I was under testing/dev and when I asked to some of my friends to test the site) is users do not like to get message in languages they don't understand...

So for this specific case, I can include temporarily both language... However can you tell me when more less you plan to solve this bug? On the next RC3 or 1.3 stable version ?

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

12 years 1 month ago #196768 by nant

dotcom22 wrote:
So for this specific case, I can include temporarily both language... However can you tell me when more less you plan to solve this bug? On the next RC3 or 1.3 stable version ?

thank

Unfortunately I cannot.
I think its related to work that needs to be done in CB 2.0.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn