CB Field Manager and Registration form

12 years 1 month ago #196984 by doogie63
CB Field Manager and Registration form was created by doogie63
Need some help with best way to input data for registration form.
I would like to add to registration form with something like this.
88-91 military base
91-94 military base
94-98 military base

trying to set up site for military people for what base they were station. At first thougt maybe
"1st begin date" "1st end date" "base"
"2nd begin date" "2nd end date" "base"
but then figure would not display right plus did not see date for just year.
then thought just text input and show them to enter all in txt line 88-91 military base
but then base would not be search able.

also anyway to arrange form around and profile page to make it look better?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #197023 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Field Manager and Registration form
Couldn't you just make a drop-down select with the values you've specified? You could also try using 2 integer fields. For example 1 would be 88 and the other would be 91, user could then input whatever digits they needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197105 by doogie63
Replied by doogie63 on topic Re: CB Field Manager and Registration form
The end result for each user would have different dates and bases.
example:

Person A
76-77 Ft Bragg
77-88 Ft Campbell
88-90 Ft Drum
91-12 Ft Sam

Person B
88-91 Ft Stwart
91-96 Ft Mead
96-12 Ft Wayne

If I used 2 integer fields I dont think they would be side by side. Or is there way to have month year?
Nov 88-May 91 Ft Stwart
May 91-Apr 96 Ft Mead

But dont each field go on different line?
then would look bad
Ft Stwart

12 years 1 month ago #197222 by krileon
You can format 3 fields onto 1 line using a delimiter field and substitutions. Example as follows.

[cb_field1]-[cb_field2] [cb_field3]

Best I can suggest is to create 3 drop-down fields with the designated values of your choosing so users must select from them. Allowing user to supply their own will be prone to error and possibly confusion.

The date field can't be used for year only, month only, etc.. it's a full date range of day, month, and year.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197294 by doogie63
Replied by doogie63 on topic Re: CB Field Manager and Registration form
so you are saying make 3 drop down (multi-select) in field manager. I understand that part.
But I don't understand or know how to use field delimiter in field manager to put new drop down (mulit-select) on one line. Where would I input [cb_field1]-[cb_field2] [cb_field3]

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #197316 by krileon

so you are saying make 3 drop down (multi-select) in field manager.

You'll probably want to use single select drop-downs and not multi-select.

You'd need to create a delimiter field within CB > Field Management.Delimiter fields render their content directly on profile and their content supports substitutions. Using substitutions you'll substitute in the values of your 3 drop-downs to be able to format it to whatever you're wanting. Example as follows.

Name of my 3 drop-down fields: cb_field1, cb_field2, cb_field3

[cb_field1]-[cb_field2] [cb_field3]

For more on substitution usage please see tutorials within my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn