[SOLVED] site upgrade

11 years 9 months ago #204710 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: site upgrade
How isn't it working? All you need it for is to migrate CBs tables. Once the migration is complete use the data from the jupgrade tables regarding CB and the usergroups/accesslevels should be properly migrated.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #204718 by kssulliv
Replied by kssulliv on topic Re: site upgrade
When I use an older version of jupgrade I can upgrade to joomla 1.7 but when I go to upgrade to joomla 2.5 it gives an error (Update: :Collection: Could not open anonymous:@joomlacode.org/svn/joomla/dev...filer.collection.xml) so I try to update anyway and then when I try to check for upgrades again it shows none.

Then when I try to use the newest version of jupgrade it gets to the upgrading progress box and says migrating undefined and it hangs.

11 years 9 months ago #204734 by krileon
No idea what any of those errors are in regards to and you've gotten no response from jUpgrade team on their forums? Seams like perhaps some sort of fatal error is occurring during the migrate process. It first downloads the latest Joomla as I understand it before it performs the migration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #205353 by kssulliv
there was a new release for juprade last week which fixed the upgrade problem. So I am very happy. I upgraded to cb 1.8.1 before I upgraded and then installed cb 1.8.1 once the upgrade completed. In 1.5 after the cb upgrade everything appeared to work fine but once I upgraded joomla and reinstalled cb the link to my profile is broken. I have deleted the menu link and re added it but still the same error.

Here is the error:
"The website encountered an error while retrieving http://~path~/jupgrade/index.php/my-profile. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly."

Thanks in advance for any help.

11 years 9 months ago #205362 by krileon
You need to enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration to expose errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: kssulliv

11 years 9 months ago #205513 by kssulliv
wonderful thank you that helped. So I now have that fixed but now I want users to log in with their email so I set that setting in cb configuration but it doesn't seem to take a effect. Any ideas?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn