[SOLVED] site upgrade

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204308 by kssulliv
[SOLVED] site upgrade was created by kssulliv
Hello,

I am currently running joomla 1.5.23 with CB 1.7.1. I want to upgrade both to the latest versions. I have tried using jupgrade with no luck, I can get it to upgrade to 1.7 but the built in upgrade after that will not work. So I would like to recreate the site (it was the second joomla site I ever created so I know I can do much better this time) so I know there will be no future problems.

So I am wondering if there is a way to just move the CB databases to a new site, I've tried this once with no luck. Do I need to install CB 1.7.1 first then move the database and then upgrade to the latest CB?

Any help/tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #204310 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: site upgrade
You really need to upgrade to CB 1.8.1 before moving any database from it. What about the upgrade is failing? You should be able to install it as normally as if it was a clean install and it'll upgrade it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204344 by kssulliv
Replied by kssulliv on topic Re: site upgrade
It's just the joomla upgrade that is failing. I have posted in the jupgrade forum but they're not much help. When I use an older version of jupgrade I can upgrade to joomla 1.7 but when I go to upgrade to joomla 2.5 it gives an error (Update: :Collection: Could not open anonymous:@joomlacode.org/svn/joomla/development/branches/jupgrade/extensions/comprofiler/comprofiler.collection.xml) so I try to update anyway and then when I try to check for upgrades again it shows none. So I know this has nothing to do with community builder, I just want to/need to be able to move the community builder info to the new site it looks like I will have to create. Thanks for the quick response, so I will try upgrading community builder first and then moving the database tables to the new site.

11 years 9 months ago #204646 by kssulliv
I upgraded to cb 1.8.1 on my joomla 1.5 site first. Then I set up joomla 2.5 in a separate folder and installed cb 1.8.1 then I moved over the _comprofiler tables from the database and the _users table. So now I can see all the users in the joomla users menu but now I get errors whenever I try access any of the cb menus - 500 internal server error. Any ideas?

11 years 9 months ago #204685 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: site upgrade
You can't directly move your database over. Usergroups and accesslevels are significantly different compared to J1.5 and it will not work. You absolutely have to migrate or you're going to have to edit all your tables and correct any usergroups or accesslevels. Please use jUpgrade to migrate your install (moves everything) or use CB Juice to migrate your users (won't move plugin, tabs, etc.. just users).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #204708 by kssulliv
The problem is jupgrade isn't working. Can you move tables between two joomla 1.5 sites? My thought is to try jupgrade with a clean install of joomla and cb and the recreate the rest of the site.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn