Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Lost Password funtion not working!

• jmspurck
  • jmspurck
11 years 11 months ago #204950 by jmspurck
Lost Password funtion not working! was created by jmspurck
Lost Password is not functioning. The form appears, and it allows you to submit form without any errors, but no email is received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 11 months ago #204968 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Lost Password funtion not working!
Do emails work at all? Please try sending an email from CB > User Management < Mass Mailer. Joomla version? CB version? Note super administrators can not reset their passwords (security feature).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rlab
  • rlab
11 years 8 months ago #211469 by rlab
Replied by rlab on topic Re: Lost Password funtion not working!
Hi,

I am having the same issue. You request your password to be reset by entering your username, email and security code and Submit. It goes to the home page, but no email is ever received.

I have tried the Mass Mail and I receive the message to the user that requested his email to be reset.

We are running Joomla 1.5.26 with CB 1.8.1 and CB Subs 2.0.2.

Any idea what could be causing the emails to not be received?

Thank you.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #211471 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Lost Password funtion not working!

rlab wrote: Hi,

I am having the same issue. You request your password to be reset by entering your username, email and security code and Submit. It goes to the home page, but no email is ever received.

I have tried the Mass Mail and I receive the message to the user that requested his email to be reset.

We are running Joomla 1.5.26 with CB 1.8.1 and CB Subs 2.0.2.

Any idea what could be causing the emails to not be received?

Thank you.

Turn on Joomla debug - see if any extra message appears.

• rlab
  • rlab
11 years 8 months ago #211579 by rlab
Replied by rlab on topic Re: Lost Password funtion not working!
Hi,

I tried turning on debug, but didn't get any extra error messages.

It doesn't seem to matter whether you enter a email address or the captcha correctly, as soon as you submit the form, it goes to the home page. No error is given that the captcha was wrong/missing or that the email address was missing.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #211593 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Lost Password funtion not working!

rlab wrote: Hi,

I tried turning on debug, but didn't get any extra error messages.

It doesn't seem to matter whether you enter a email address or the captcha correctly, as soon as you submit the form, it goes to the home page. No error is given that the captcha was wrong/missing or that the email address was missing.

Something must be breaking your environment.

Please disable any non CB Team plugins you installed and test again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon