Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Need info about your hosting services

• beat
  • beat
11 years 9 months ago #209299 by beat
- Our default Web-Mail client is Usermin (part of Virtualmin Pro). But you can install and manage RoundCube as a script from the scripts installer, e.g. into a subfolder or subdomain.

- We support IMAP-S, therefore, the easiest way to migrate your account mail is to use that way: 1) sync your current account, *backup your client in case", create new (or modify existing) account, then resync with new account. This works of course if there are only a few mailboxes to migrate.

I now want to be as honest and clear as possible:

We do provide hosting services as a hosted solution for Joomla+CB+CB plugins sites, with some extra-flexibility that you don't find on usual hosted solutions. That's our main added value and focus. We are not here to do only hosting and to compete with any budget or professional dedicated hoster offering a wide range of custom services around the hosting itself.

We will be better at replying on most Joomla and CB-related issues (and actually have setup the hosting in a way that those do not have issues) than most of hosters.

So typically, things have been tuned to work best with Joomla+CB+CB plugins+most CB-integrated extensions.

Generally speaking, our hosting is highly automated reliable and redundant service for standard joomla+CB sites, and additionally very secure and stable web hosting. We also offer good email services, but it's not focussed on emails, or on special hosters work.

But, if you need a hoster with a lot of dedicated staff ready to jump for a few days to do special services for your hosting, then I do recommend looking for another hoster that only does hosting and specializes on *dedicated* *managed* hosting. Which is another price range too.

Hope that clarifies the expectations and our focus ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #209303 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Need info about your hosting services
No problem I understand perfectly.

I plan to move on your host because my sites are made with Joomla + CB + CBsubs and I need especially redundant service and Swiss host.

Actually I has a dedicated VPS only because it was possible for me to use SuPHP (for avoid permission problem) and for be free to customize a bit some php settings related to Joomla. Those specific things seem to be already included in your host so is perfect for me.

Few weeks ago I got more than 24 hours of downtime with my VPS who is purely scandalous. I hope with your redundant service, I will never get this problem. Actually I'm building a website who need absolutely the most uptime possible.

About email I don't need anything special. But you can probably understand if I need to move some sites, I must take care to not broke existent thing and email is just a standard thing of any decent host.

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by dotcom22.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon