Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] How to align several field on same line ?

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #211360 by dotcom22
hello

I wondering if is possible to align some profile fields (fields displayed on front-end profile not on Edit view or in Registration form) in one single line.

In fact I have the follow user data fields:

Company
Street and number
Zip
City
Region
Phone

..who are displayed "as is" in column and my goal is to display all data in one single line like:

Company Street and number Zip City Region Phone

The best will be to display those data using some hyphen between data like:

Company - Street and number Zip City Region - Phone

I imagine is possible to do something usign CSS Inline style but I don't see how to do. About hyphen I suppose I can create some Delimiter "hyphen" fields and place those field in the right place..

Any clue ?

Other question:

I created also a "Description" textarea field for let user describe his business. When this field contain text, I notice the text do not take the full width of profile Tab. I don't see how to do for display the text using the full Tab width instead to use only 3/4 of available area (see screenshot). Please note I use your new Boostrap template.

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by nant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #211392 by nant
Delimiter field approach should so this using substitutions to bring in field values and use html to format.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
11 years 8 months ago #211414 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: How to align several field on same line ?

Delimiter field approach should so this using substitutions to bring in field values and use html to format

Yes of course you right.. Sometime when things are evident we don't think about... :blush:

Just need again to know about my "Description" textarea but I suppose Kyle will handled this question.

thank

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #211436 by nant

dotcom22 wrote:

Delimiter field approach should so this using substitutions to bring in field values and use html to format

Yes of course you right.. Sometime when things are evident we don't think about... :blush:

Just need again to know about my "Description" textarea but I suppose Kyle will handled this question.

thank

Sorry missed that one.

I believe the text area field has a rows and columns parameter - please try configuring these.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
11 years 8 months ago #211461 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: How to align several field on same line ?
I already tried but not change even if I set 100 or 150 columns.. Looking with Firebug I see a value width: 74.4681% !important; but I don't find this value in the template.css file of Boostrap. I don't understand how this value is implemented and where I can change it...

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #211462 by nant

dotcom22 wrote: I already tried but not change even if I set 100 or 150 columns.. Looking with Firebug I see a value width: 74.4681% !important; but I don't find this value in the template.css file of Boostrap. I don't understand how this value is implemented and where I can change it...

If you switch back to default CB template does it look better?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon