Kunena Groupjive Integration Question

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #222118 by herzenssache
Kunena Groupjive Integration Question was created by herzenssache
Hi,

Groupjive Group/Kunena Forum integration worked from an installation perspective.

I have two questions:

Question 1:
If the system works, and the groupstructure

Category 1 - Group A, Group B, Group C
has been translated to
Forum 1 - Subforum A, Subforum B, Subforum C

Can I e.g. Move Subforum A in Kunena up one Level to e.g.
Forum 1 parallel to Forum A - Subforum B and C being still a Subforum to Forum 1?

My question is, if I change the imported structure in Kunena (titel of Forum) or hirachy, will it break the integration or are IDs used and no issues will happen?

Qustion 2:
I do encounter the issue, that the Kunena access control reports "Groupjive" but also, that no Groupjive Groups are found (see screenshot).

The result is: the user in a group sees "his" forums but no others (=ok). However in Groupjive in the forum tab he sees all postings of other groups he currently is no member off.

Config: J 2.5.9 GJ 2.7 CB 1.9 Kunena 2.0.1
I ran the groupjive Tool - it reports "Forum :: Forum not private - Repair" - I click repair, but the error is still reported and the problem persists. I already deleted all GJ forums in Kunena and rebuild without success.

Thank you,
Matthias

Thank you,
Matthias
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #222166 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Kunena Groupjive Integration Question

My question is, if I change the imported structure in Kunena (titel of Forum) or hirachy, will it break the integration or are IDs used and no issues will happen?

They're attached by IDs, but I do not suggest moving them or you risk breaking it. Basically what I am saying is I did not test that usage, that usage is not supported, so use at ones own risk.

I do encounter the issue, that the Kunena access control reports "Groupjive" but also, that no Groupjive Groups are found (see screenshot).

That's normal, just ignore it. I don't populate the dropdown as it doesn't work very well with GJ.

The result is: the user in a group sees "his" forums but no others (=ok). However in Groupjive in the forum tab he sees all postings of other groups he currently is no member off.

Set the Public status of the forum tab to Disabled for groups. If the user isn't a member of the group they just get a preview of the posts. They can't actually view the posts.

I ran the groupjive Tool - it reports "Forum :: Forum not private - Repair" - I click repair, but the error is still reported and the problem persists. I already deleted all GJ forums in Kunena and rebuild without success.

The top level category that all GJ forums are in should be private. The tool should've fixed this though.

Kunena 2.0.1

Please upgrade to 2.0.4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: herzenssache

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #222222 by herzenssache
Replied by herzenssache on topic Kunena Groupjive Integration Question
Thank you Kyle,
I will upgrade Kunena and I will test it further.

With regards to the preview of posts in the groupjive forum tab: we have some groups that contain confidential information. Even a preview of one or two lines is too much. This would be a wishlist item to switch this off.

To explain: in some forum threads health data are being discussed. If the name of a patient is revealed even in preview this is too much.

Thank you,
Matthias

11 years 1 month ago #222237 by krileon

With regards to the preview of posts in the groupjive forum tab: we have some groups that contain confidential information. Even a preview of one or two lines is too much. This would be a wishlist item to switch this off.

There already is a feature to do this. As explained in my previous post simply edit your Group and on the Forum integration tab set Public to No. Once done only members of the group can see and interact with the Forums tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #222261 by herzenssache
Replied by herzenssache on topic Kunena Groupjive Integration Question

krileon wrote: If the user isn't a member of the group they just get a preview of the posts. They can't actually view the posts.

Hi Kyle,

I was referring to this line - I think I misunderstood. If NON group members do not see anything, then this is fine. I will set the public view to no.

Thank you,
Matthias

11 years 1 month ago #222299 by krileon

I was referring to this line - I think I misunderstood. If NON group members do not see anything, then this is fine. I will set the public view to no.

Correct, it only affects users that are not members of the group.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: herzenssache

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn