[#4910] CB Conditional version 4 problem

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #253707 by Wouter47
I user CB 2.0.3 on Joomla 3.3.6

I installed the CB Conditional version 4.0.0 over the old 3.0.13 one. Now I cannot see my user details of show any of the other User details in the front end anymore. I get "page not found" message.

I disabled all the conditions, but no change

Is there anything I missed on installation

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253785 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditional version 4 problem
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry and see if any fatal errors are output. I'm unable to confirm your issue and it appears to be working fine in all my tests. If you're also using CB Privacy ensure you've updated it to latest release as well as latest CB Conditional may conflict with older CB Privacy releases. If disabling all of your conditionals does not solve the issue then I don't see how it's CB Conditional however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #253817 by Wouter47
Replied by Wouter47 on topic CB Conditional version 4 problem
I also use CB Privacy version 4.0.0, so that is the last version.

I tried it first on a local backup system and reinstalled the backup in order to start all over again. In this system the old CB Conditional 3.0.13 was installed and some TAB and Field conditionals were defined. The TAB-conditionals worked fine, but the field-conditionals not at all.

I checked the lists and user-details; all OK

I disabled the TAB- and Field concitions and updated CB Conditionals. No errors. I checked the lists and user-details; all OK

I enabled one of an old TAB-conditional (only show the TAB when it's me) again. I checked the lists and user-details; when I go to one of the user details I get "Page not found" after a while.

So I think that CB Conditional is not upward compatible and I have to create all the conditions all over again.

I put debug reports in Joomla on, but got no messages

What is your inpression? Can you reproduce this?

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #253838 by krileon
I am unable to confirm your issue using CB Conditional 4.0.0 and CB Privacy 4.0.0. Enable your conditions then disable CB Privacy and see if issue persists. There's not much I can suggest without further debug output. Ensure debug mode and maximum error reporting is enabled in Joomla global configuration (both must be set) then see if any fatal errors are output. If none then check server error log to see if anything is output there.

During your tests are you viewing your self, another users profile, or a profile while logged out? Is the tab being conditioned also being privacy controlled at the same time? Are fields on the tab being conditioned and/or privacy controlled at the same time?

So I think that CB Conditional is not upward compatible and I have to create all the conditions all over again.

None of the parameters have been changed. They're all backwards compatible. So no you should not have to recreate them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #253844 by krileon
Ok, was able to find 1 conflict that causes double value output, but it does not cause any errors. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials. Please include details of what Tab is being conditioned that's causing this issue so I can see what exactly is conflicting.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

9 years 4 months ago #253914 by Wouter47
Replied by Wouter47 on topic CB Conditional version 4 problem
I am testing in a local system and do not have it installed online yet.

I did some testing:

- When I use a conditional value check on a "username" the system works fine.

- When I define the value: [cb:userfield field="username" user="#me" /] it does not work anymore and I get a "Page not found" after a while

In the CB Conditional 3.0.13 system this worked fine

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn