[#4942] CB conditional fields not recording on registration

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254079 by catconner1
My setup is this:

Joomla 2.5.24
CommunityBuilder 2.0.3
CB Conditional 4.0

I've set up the conditionals so that fields are shown/hidden properly in the registration form, and in the frontend and backend profile editor.

However, during the registration process, no data is recorded for any field that has a conditional applied to it.

Editing the profile in the frontend and backend works correctly; the conditional fields show/hide properly, and data can be edited and entered normally. In the registration form, the fields show/hide properly and data can be entered, but that data isn't recorded.

If I unpublish the CB conditional plugin, all the data in the fields is recorded properly; of course in that case all the fields show which isn't what I'm after.

No errors appearing in browser console or in error logs. The registration process works normally, except that the data for those conditional fields just doesn't get stored.

Any idea where I can start looking for the problem? I'd rather not have to hack my registration form and write the Javascript myself :whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #254095 by krileon
Are you conditioning same fields multiple times? Only the last condition applied to a field is relevant. So fields that have been shown and you've input data for are losing their values on store? Have you tried shutting off resetting within CB Conditional > Parameters?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254097 by catconner1
Yes, it seems the fields I've input data for are losing their values on store.

First, I tried shutting off resetting in CB Conditional->Parameters, and that made no difference.

Could be I'm not quite understanding how to set up the conditions. When you say "only the last condition applied to a field is relevant", does that mean the conditions as they are numbered "1,2,3,etc." under the CB Conditional tab? Or as they are applied as you are using the form?

Here's what I've done. I have one main field with three options, and I want different additional fields to be shown depending on which option is selected:

Option 1 selected: show two additional fields
Option 2 selected: show one additional field
Option 3 selected: show no additional fields

I set two conditions on the Main field, that show/hide the additional fields when the main field value is equal to option 1 or option 2.

9 years 4 months ago #254098 by krileon
The last conditional that is applied to a field is the only conditional that matters. So if you condition Field A 6 times then only the last condition (the 6th) is relevant. There is no AND/OR features yet, so they will override each other. Try only conditioning the same fields once and see if your issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254148 by catconner1
OK, I've tried a different setup: there are exactly four fields that should be shown/hidden based on the selection in the Main field. I have put one condition of type "Field conditional self" on each of those four optional fields. It's the same condition in each case: "If Main field is not equal to VALUE, hide this field".

Still the same problem :-/

UPDATE: Have tried again with just ONE field with one conditional on it. So it seems that the data from any field that has a conditional applied to it is not being saved.

9 years 4 months ago #254171 by krileon
Please upgrade to just released 4.0.1 and see if your issue persists. There were a few issues with the caching behavior which could result in it used the wrong cached conditional and cause the condition check to fail.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.463 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn