[#4942] strange validation on reg form

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254540 by carin
When completing the reg form I get this and all fields are erased:

Error
Please enter your name.

You can try it yourself at www.devj3.kiteboarding-windsurfing-spotguide.com/register/registers.html

When you choose "Surfer" there is not even a name field on the form.

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #254564 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic strange validation on reg form
Review your conditionals. Looks like PHP side validation is looking for a name field. I've no idea what your validation is set to for your fields, but it could be the your Business Name, First/Last Name, or Name field validation. If issue persists even with CB Conditional disabled then review your Joomla system and user plugins as it could be a 3rd party registration process that acts on Joomla store throwing a validation error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254627 by carin
Replied by carin on topic strange validation on reg form
"it could be the your Business Name"
==> I dont think so because that is no even on the form (for surfer)

"First/Last Name"
==> also not on the form (for surfer)

"Name field validation"
==> is all CB default

"with CB Conditional disabled"
==> the error is not there but that does not solve the problem because I need that conditional to display different sets of fields - so how do I solve this?

"review your Joomla system and user plugins "
==> do I have to disable the Joomla user plugin?

CB 2.0

9 years 4 months ago #254665 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic strange validation on reg form
If disabling CB Conditional solves it then you may have a condition not working properly PHP side. Try disabling conditionals 1 by 1 to help find the culprit. Specifically suggest reviewing any fields being double conditioned. I also noticed the surfer fields do not include any Name field at all, which should not be the case. I recommend allowing your first and last name fields for Surfer and see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254769 by carin
Now I get "Please enter a valid email address." ... WTF???

and this:
1054 - Unknown column 'access' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT `name` AS text, `folder` AS value FROM `xz685_comprofiler_plugin` WHERE `type` = 'templates' AND `published` = 1 AND `access` <= 8 ORDER BY 'ordering'

Ok, here is the deal: I cant contiunue this way. For weeks I try to get my site back to where it was prior to the update. CB20 is ruining my project. Either you set up my CB20 the way it worked in CB19 or I have to give up on CB. What a nightmare!

Where can I send the credentials?

CB 2.0

9 years 4 months ago #254834 by carin
I think I tried every possible/impossible combination, even with single name field ... as soon as I use any condition this weird serverside validation kicks in.

I dont want to force my users to put in a name. The system needs a username/password and an email to function - thats it. There must be a solution for that.

CB 2.0

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.545 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn