Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Why doesn't this rule fire?

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #256186 by fribse2011
[SOLVED] Why doesn't this rule fire? was created by fribse2011
I've created a rule that should fire when a user who's a member (or more) has a changed member status, and it's not one on the list (either empty or set to non-member), it should activate.
I don't see it fire when I modify a user.
I have three of these, doing this or that for a user, working through all the steps of changing the user to a non-member.
I can't see anyting obvious.

The user I'm testing with was a member, and was on the 'reminder' list for payment, so the rule should clear the member information, including the reminder list.
But nothing happens when I modify the user.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
9 years 4 months ago #256208 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Why doesn't this rule fire?
Now that I'm working with rules, I was thinking about if it's possible to fire multiple rules from one rule.
Ie. have a rule detect the condition, and then make that execute several other rules for that user? As I need several differen actions (fields, groups, email) execute for a user, that would clean up the whole thing a bit.

Best regards
Fribse

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
9 years 4 months ago #256219 by fribse2011
Thinking about this macro function.
Could I create a Master 'Request' rule, and then create the 'subrules' as 'Internal General', and then call the subrules from the Master rule one by one via a 'Post' with an URL like:
https://domain/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=XX&Itemid=XX&users=[user_id]

Best regards
Fribse

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
9 years 4 months ago #256231 by fribse2011
Hmm, just tried that, didn't work, got an error:

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type CB\Database\Table\FieldTable as array in /public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbautoactions/models/field.php on line 52

Best regards
Fribse

• nant
  • nant
9 years 4 months ago #256246 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Why doesn't this rule fire?

fribse2011 wrote: Hmm, just tried that, didn't work, got an error:

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type CB\Database\Table\FieldTable as array in /public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbautoactions/models/field.php on line 52

Please install latest nightly build of CB Auto Actions - I believe this has been fixed there.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #256271 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Why doesn't this rule fire?

Now that I'm working with rules, I was thinking about if it's possible to fire multiple rules from one rule.
Ie. have a rule detect the condition, and then make that execute several other rules for that user? As I need several differen actions (fields, groups, email) execute for a user, that would clean up the whole thing a bit.

I don't see why you'd need or want to do this. It cleans up nothing. It just adds 1 more action to manage. Their execution order is based off their order in backend as well as what trigger they're fired on. So if you've 3 actions firing on the same trigger then order them 1 after another as needed. There's no reason to manually fire actions; let them act automatically based off their trigger.

If you need them to execute from CRON regularly or something of the sort you'd use the internal general or internal users URLs and triggers as needed. Even if you still want to execute them manually the actions parameter in the URL supports comma separated action ids. So it can be used to fire more than 1. Example as follows.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=6,2,3&users=42

Users can also be comma separated to execute on more than 1 user.

Could I create a Master 'Request' rule, and then create the 'subrules' as 'Internal General', and then call the subrules from the Master rule one by one via a 'Post' with an URL like:
https://domain/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=XX&Itemid=XX&users=[user_id]

I've no idea. I've never tried. I don't really see why you'd need to do this though.

Field action is broken without the nightly build as nick instructed. Once you've the nightly, which you can find below, please retest and see if issue persists.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/669-cb-auto-actions-nightly-release

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon