[#5454] New User registration

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #268907 by webtomix
[#5454] New User registration was created by webtomix
When a new user is registering, my customer is getting 157 emails about the user registering. I can't find anything to fix this issue.

The site is Joomla 3.4.3, Community Builder is 2.0.10

print.innovsys.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #268916 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New User registration
157 emails per user registration? I don't see how that's possible with core CB. They should only receive 1. Either new user registration email or user needing approval email. Are the contents of the emails exactly the same? Do you've CB Auto Actions installed as maybe you're triggering an email action (still wouldn't be able to send 157 unless you made 157 auto actions). Do you've a newsletter extension installed that could be sending the emails?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #268939 by webtomix
Replied by webtomix on topic New User registration
I was of the same opinion that it shouldn't send out 157 emails but it does, after the individual confirms their email address and it emails him about a new registration. they are 157 identical emails. I don't have CB Auto actions installed. I don't have a newsletter extension installed either.

8 years 9 months ago #268940 by webtomix
I thought it might be due to the CAPTCHA plugin but that isn't working either, and I turned it off and tested and it still sent him 153 emails this time.

8 years 9 months ago #268943 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New User registration
I just don't see how that's possible. Are the emails CBs emails or are they Joomlas? You could have a 3rd party extension causing an infinite loop. Compare the subject and body of the emails for a few of them to see what their exact contents are, remove any sensitive data, then provide the contents so I can search through source to see if they're coming from Joomla or CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #268954 by webtomix
The emails are CB's because it is from CB's registration process. I will get an email and provide the contents.

Original Message
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2015 9:08 AM
To: Larry Walter
Subject: Innovative Systems Print Division - ACTION REQUIRED! New user sign up request pending approval

A new user has signed up at print.innovsys.com and requires approval.
This email contains their details

Name - Mary
E-mail - mmarcille@
Username - mmarcille@

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for informational purposes only.

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from Innovative Systems Print Division (print.innovsys.com).

I had tried to change it to my email and it sent the 155 to the same email. So it wouldn't let me change the registration email response email

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn