[SOLVED] User Manager Fails: Daylight Saving - Australiia DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone ()

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #271401 by NickOg
We have just switched to daylight savings in most states of Australia. (Sunday 4 October). I am using time zone Australia/Sydney. I am now encountering this message

DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone ()

in the section of the Joomla control panel that normally displays the Community Builder news.

If I switch to to a city that does not use daylight savings (Australia/Brisbane or Australia/Perth) the message disappears and I get the CB news section. If I switch back to some other city that uses daylight savings (Melbourne or Hobart) it disappears again.

I am using Joomla 3.4.4 and CB 2.0.11

IMPORTANTLY - the problem is not confined to the notice section but I cannot get into the user manager section. I can work round by setting to Brisbane for the moment but need a fix for Sydney

I have one site waiting for upgrade that uses Joomla 3.3.6 and cb 1.9.1 and the problem does not occur but then that is probably not relevant as that CB news section doe not appear anyway.

Any suggestions as to cause and fix please? Is the prolem confined to that

Regards

Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #271423 by krileon
Australia/Sydney seams to be working fine in my tests. Please ensure you've latest CB 2.x nightly installed below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

If issue persists please contact your host and ensure their PHP timezone list is up to date. They can get the latest timezones database from below.

php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

If you're on PHP 5.3 you may need to update to PHP 5.4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #271515 by NickOg
Morning Kyle

I have been back to my hosting company and they have checked the database and satisfied me by some demos that all is working well.

I then took a copy of my old Joomla 3.3.6 cb 1.9.1 that I need to upgrade. I upgraded to Joomla 3.4.4 and cb 2.0.5 (I happened to have that available) and the date time error does not appear. I then ran the update to the latest build - 2.0.11 - and the date time error is back.

I will investigate further - go back to pre cb upgrade and try step by step through the releases but the evidence is that this has cropped up with 2.0.11.

If all else fails I will build a new empty Joonla and install 2.0.11 - see if the problem recurs.

Somewhat stuck other than that. Any other suggestions?
=============

1 3/4 hours later

I have gone back to the 2.0.5 version that works fine as noted above. I then ran upgrade through 2.07, 2.08, 2.09 and 2.10. No problems after each of these. I then took the 2.11 nightly build and ran that and the error is back.

I then uninstalled cb 2.11 and re-installed 2.10 and all OK again. It seems like there is some problem somewhere in 2.11. I will stick with 2.10 but none of this explains why I do and you do not have the problem!

Puzzled!

Regards
Nick

8 years 7 months ago #271541 by krileon
I need the full error path to see where you're getting that error. Please check server error logs and see if the file path and line number are provided. Please also provide PHP version as it could be PHP version related. CB 2.0.11 implemented a date API library class that handles all of our dates now, which is why it's not happening on 2.0.10.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #271553 by NickOg
Morning Kyle,

First - PHP Version is 5.5.11 and, for completion Joomla! Version 3.4.4 Stable, Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable

Next - the error logs. I have switched the logs on but nothing appears there. I will talk to my hosting service and see what they can come up with. I may have missed something.

Regards Nick

8 years 7 months ago #271565 by NickOg
I haven't managed to pick up output to the PHP error logs - still working on that. But does the attached help? taken off the Joomla Debug settings.

Nick
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn