[#5599] little bug in CB Conditional

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #272994 by rani
Hi,
scenario
  • I have a field, Type: Drop Down -Single Select, Required, Title: Gender. This filed has 2 options: Male & Female.
  • I have a filed, Type: Image, Required, Title: Male Photo. In integration tabs -> CB Conditional, I have setup this filed to be hidden if Gender not equal to Male.
  • I have a filed, Type: Image, Not Required, Title: Female Photo. In integrations tab -> CB Conditional, I have setup this filed to be hidden if Gender not equal Female.
  • Now in front-end in sign up page, when you select Male in gender field, and select image to upload in Male Photo filed and then hit signup button, a notification message in red appears : Your Male Photo Filed is required. why this is happening although I have selected an image?
  • A weird thing also is that when you select an image the 2nd time and hit Sing up button the 2nd time. it goes through and the sign up is complete
  • This doesn't happen with the Female photo field. I guess because it is not required.
  • After testing, I found that if I set integrations -> CB Conditional -> Display back to Normal CB Settings for the Male photo field, I found that the problem I described above is gone.

Edit:
  • Also note that the problem is gone if I set Gender field Default Value = Male

So what do you think? how to fix this bug?

Thanks,
Rani

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #273026 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic little bug in CB Conditional
Please ensure you've CB 2.0.12 installed with latest nightly CB Conditionals. Sounds like an issue with the jQuery validation and not so much CB Conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #273031 by rani
Replied by rani on topic little bug in CB Conditional
I have CB 2.0.12 and I just installed nightly CB Conditionals. The issue still there. I'll send you a link in private msg to see your self.

8 years 5 months ago #273040 by krileon
jQuery validation is working fine. Do you have more than 1 condition on that field or its tab? A field can only be conditioned once. This means directly with conditional self, indirectly with conditional others, or indirectly with a tab condition. If you condition it more than once the conditions will conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #273052 by rani
Replied by rani on topic little bug in CB Conditional
no. I have only only one condition on that field.

8 years 5 months ago #273109 by krileon
Disable non-core CB plugins except CB Conditionals 1 by 1 to see if that resolves your issue as it could be a conflict. Especially if CB Privacy is being used as it also can change field access behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn