[SOLVED] GroupJive URLs

8 years 1 month ago - 7 years 4 months ago #280291 by victoriakim
[SOLVED] GroupJive URLs was created by victoriakim
Hello,

Is there a way to shorten the long Groupjive URLs? I put the group page links into other site, but these urls are so long.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #280296 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive URLs
No, not at this time. Currently CB plugins can not extend CBs router, which would be necessary to allow plugins to rewrite their URLs to be more SEO friendly. It's a rather high priority feature though so it is planned for 2.1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: victoriakim

7 years 10 months ago #283694 by cAy
Replied by cAy on topic GroupJive URLs
Hi

Any news? When should you expect the version 2.1? 1Month, 1 Year?

What do you think about this extension? (Joomsef GroupJive)
www.artio.net/de/e-shop/joomsef/joomsef-extensions/joomsef-3-x-compatible/groupjive-joomsef-3-extension

7 years 10 months ago #283709 by krileon
I've no idea. 3rd party SEF extensions can already rewrite the URLs. Below is the feature ticket for this. It'll most likely make it for CB 2.1 release, but unsure at this time.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5008

Folks don't ask for time frames or release dates. We don't know them and giving you one is just a guesstimate at best and it'll probably just be wrong. We simply move on to whatever task we feel is most important after completing 1 task. Typically bugs are always going to take priority over features.

Primary feature being focused on for CB 2.1 is language override UI to easily allow new language strings to be added or overridden from backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #289338 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GroupJive URLs
Thank You for language override UI, works great!!! Now hoping for the GJ SEO friendly URL to arrive next. Not just for on page SEO purpose, it also will make my marketing task easier.

Thank you for your hard work.

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289341 by krileon
The SEO URLs will be in next build, which probably will be out today. Example of the new SEO URLs as follows.

/community/1-category-001/10-group-010
/community/1-category-001/10-group-010/notifications
/community/1-category-001/10-group-010/edit
/community/1-category-001/10-group-010/message
/community/1-category-001/10-group-010/join

In the above the menu-alias is community. No it's not possible to remove the category id or group id as category name and group name are not unique and there's no separate alias column to store generated aliases (such feature may come at a later time). See the below for GJ 3.1.0 progress.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/groupjive/issues?query_id=71

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: victoriakim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn