[#6400] after groupjive-update can't open groups in front-end

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289718 by krileon

gjschaller wrote: I'm using Joomla's base SEF.

I re-worked the Menu items, which had been aliases before - now they are CB => Plugin => GroupJive. I have access to my Groups again, but I am seeing two other issues now:

1) The URLs appear to be dates, now?
template.knightrealms.com/community/2014-04-25-17-01-40/1-in-game-groups.html

2) Even when I try to set the menu to go to a specific Category (I only have one, with an ID of 1), it takes me to a listing of categories with that one Category. I can't get it to go just to the Groups listing for that Category.

Is your only GJ menu item to a specific category? All my testing is with CB > Plugin > CB GroupJive menu item to the All Groups page. The menu SEO should always be as follows in such a case.

/menu-alias/category_id-category_name/group_id-group_name

gjschaller wrote: Never mind - looks like I set up the menu item wrong. It's working now, with the proper URLs, to the proper Category / Groups.

What was the menu item set to?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289720 by gjschaller
I actually have two menu items to the same area, it's odd to explain - I'll PM you the details, and let you log into the back end if you so desire.

Scratch that, no PMs. ;)

OK, so on my Main Menu. there's two items that lead to the same desired page:

Community => In-Game Groups

In-Game => Groups and Guilds

The first one is still broken, with the odd URLs. It's set in the Menu Manager as a CB Plugin, CB GroupJive, Category, ID: 1

The second one is actually an Alias. It is an alias to the GroupJive menu, which has an item for CB Plugin, CB GroupJive, Category, ID: 1

The only difference is that the working one is on the GroupJive menu, and not the main Joomla menu.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289727 by krileon
By broken you mean it won't let you navigate to any of the groups? So your only menu item to GJ is to a specific category?

Edit: Have done more testing and can not get it to break no matter what. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials so I can review your menu structure. The alias going wonky isn't a huge concern, but being unable to navigate to any groups or categories needs debugged further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #289738 by gjschaller
I can navigate to sub-groups, but the Alias is still wonky, and when I link to Category ID 1, it still takes me to the All Categories view instead of just that Category. I'll PM in a bit.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289761 by krileon
The 2014-04-25-17-01-40 alias is from the In-Game Groups menu item on the Navigation menutype under Community. I've changed it to "groups" and it displays fine. Both the menu item there and under the GJ menu work fine. What were these set to when it wasn't allowing you to navigate to any categories or groups as per your original reply in this topic?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

7 years 4 months ago #289868 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Update bug in GJ + Activity
Hi Kyle,
Here is how to reproduce (likely has to do with the new GJ router).

In a GJ group, post anything. Move to Activity and the entry of you having posted something in the group. Click on the name of the group. It will bring you to weird view of the categories or something.

Bye

Tim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn