[SOLVED] Redirect from default login page goes to profile edit page

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #291625 by ASAAavart
Usually the CB member login successfully redirects to the desired welcome page, as set up with CB Login and the popup menu. Sometimes a default login page is displayed, usually after a failed login and that page has the url /component/users/?view=login

When login is successfully accomplished from this /component/users/?view=login page, the redirect page destination is a profile edit page /component/users/profile which is not the page I want to show.
How can I control the redirect to go to the desired welcome page, rather than the basic profile edit page?

Also, when a failed login does happen as described in the first paragraph, is it possible to control which page is the redirect destination?

Thank you,
Kristin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #291658 by krileon
You have Joomla users component still accessible. Please ensure the "Community Builder System plugin" Joomla system plugin within Extensions > Plugins is public and published. Also ensure under "Parse URLs" tab in that plugin you've "Redirect URLs" and "Rewrite URLs" enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #291685 by ASAAavart
Thank you, that fixed half of the problem. I no longer get the "edit profile" page, although I am still not landing on the desired members-only welcome page. The publicly available ASAA Artist Members list page now shows. That is also the default page for an incorrect link. Oddly, the url showing in the browser window is that of the members-only welcome page inside the password protected area. I do want the landing page at login to be this members-only welcome page, but that is not the page that I am actually seeing.

Thank you,
Kristin

7 years 1 month ago #291692 by krileon
Edit your CB login modules then for the login redirect set it to index.php?option=com_comprofiler if you want them to be sent to their profile page on login. Note if you've multiple CB login modules be sure to adjust them all as the login page will use the parameters of the first CB login module available. If still not redirecting check and see if you've a redirect action configured in CB Auto Actions acting on the after login trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #291700 by ASAAavart
Thank you, I see the problem. I do have two login modules, and the CB Login module had a slight, undetected mistake in the redirect address. That has been corrected and the landing page on login is now the welcome page I want.

Thanks again,
Kristin
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #292156 by carin

krileon wrote: ... will use the parameters of the first CB login module available

What is the "first" CB login module? When the modules are ordered by ID or order or position? Does it only grab the modules for the current language?

CB 2.0

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn