[#7316] Uploaded audio lost in repeated group on save

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #308031 by saman2
hi...
i want add audio files to user profile and use Field Group to add multi file can added to user profile.when i upload that,correctly upload and can play but if i press save button then come back to user profile, it is nothing there. how to solve that?
i use audio field in CB field then use the following picture as field group setting.
also i have this notic:
Unsupported database for Field Group searching and optimal storage. Please update to MySQL 5.7.8+ and ensure Community Builder is up to date.
is it maybe my problem?

[MOD EDIT]: Please do not over dramatize topic titles as it's unhelpful when reviewing your issue and in forum search results. Topic titles should be a short description of what your topic contents are about.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #308046 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Uploaded audio lost in repeated group on save
Seams to be working fine in my tests. Please ensure both CB and CB Field Groups are completely up to date. If still not working please describe exact steps to reproduce the issue you're having.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #308054 by saman2
www.screencast.com/t/DdKSYYrb
all CB and groupfield is uptodate

5 years 6 months ago #308058 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Uploaded audio lost in repeated group on save
Your audio field isn't set to display anywhere (Profile, Registration, or Edit). Because it doesn't display on Registration it won't save during registration correctly. Because it doesn't display on Edit it won't save on profile update correctly. Ensure the field is set correctly as if you were using it without a Field Group. The Field Group it self will handle suppressing the grouped fields display if necessary otherwise you can end up with wonky results like you're experiencing. Should work fine once you set the audio field to display on profile edit (note it won't actually display as the field group will suppress it).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #308061 by saman2

krileon wrote: Ensure the field is set correctly as if you were using it without a Field Group. The Field Group it self will handle suppressing the grouped fields display if necessary otherwise you can end up with wonky results like you're experiencing.

can you describe this part more easier?
i can't understand your mean.
simply i need add some audio file to each user profile that they can't see them. i use new restricted tab and put my private field in that tab.
i set audio field "show on profile" and "show on edit" to yes and a little of problem solved but i can not add one new audio file when added one before that.is it need to create new Screencast?

5 years 6 months ago #308064 by saman2
my problem is resolve when i add new simple text area field to my group field.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn