CB Activity - display groupjive posts for joined groups only

5 years 2 months ago #310871 by AlanJones
Hi, I am wondering how to show activity for the groups that a user is apart of. Right now all group data is being pushed to the activity stream, even private groups that the user is not apart of. Is there way to customize the stream to only include data relevant to the groups that the user is apart of/has access too?

Own Your Own Community!
The following user(s) said Thank You: poona

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310882 by krileon
That's already the case if you're viewing their profile or another users profile. If you mean on the Recent Activity page then no it will always display any activity they've access to. There is no private groups except those marked as Invite type and it should not be displaying Invite group activity unless they are a member of that group or are a CB Moderator.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310893 by AlanJones
Is there any way to only display group activity for groups that are members has "joined" even if it's open group?

Is there a way to filter like that?

Own Your Own Community!

5 years 2 months ago #310911 by krileon

Is there any way to only display group activity for groups that are members has "joined" even if it's open group?

No.

Is there a way to filter like that?

The only way to filter activity down is using the Asset, which there isn't one specifically for filtering down to joined. It's possible to filter it down to only GJ activity, but it will show all GJ activity the viewing user has access to.

Once filters are actually implemented, which will just let users select a filter from a dropdown and it will filter the asset of the stream, this maybe possible. There's also plans for an exclude asset parameter for streams as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310930 by AlanJones
What about with groups set to "approval" it seems odd that should be able to see the activity for groups they haven't been approved to join.

Own Your Own Community!

5 years 2 months ago #310941 by krileon
Approval groups content is not hidden. The only difference between Open and Approval is one requires approval to join. This may change in a future release when more group types are added.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn