[SOLVED] easy front end email

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312913 by webiedesign
[SOLVED] easy front end email was created by webiedesign
I need an easy way for my group leaders to send email. Either
1- have a GroupJive owner email all the members in the group ( not a wall update )
or
2- limit the Community Builder Mass Mail function in the backend to user groups. (these leaders cannot be able to send email to other users not in their group)

Mary
webie-design.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312915 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic easy front end email

1- have a GroupJive owner email all the members in the group ( not a wall update )

Groups come with a group message feature for doing exactly that. It can send an email or a private message. You should see an option for this on the groups menu when viewing a group you own. You can configure this feature within CB GroupJive > Parameters > Groups > Message.

2- limit the Community Builder Mass Mail function in the backend to user groups. (these leaders cannot be able to send email to other users not in their group)

Do not give regular users access to the backend of your site. Backend access should be highly limited.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312916 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic easy front end email
That sounds perfect. I have enabled the messages as you outlined (You can configure this feature within CB GroupJive > Parameters > Groups > Message)
but am unsure where I would "trigger" sending an email. I have attached a screenshot of a group I am logged into as the group owner and don't see anything obvious where I would send a message to the group.

Mary
webie-design.com
Attachments:

4 years 10 months ago #312931 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic easy front end email
The menu option to message the group is on the groups menu, which is top right of the groups canvas (pencil icon).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312933 by webiedesign
THANK YOU ! woohoo

Mary
webie-design.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 10 months ago #312941 by webiedesign
My first message went great, now, however I went to send another and the "message option" is gone. Another group I own where I have not sent an initial message still has the message link.

Mary
webie-design.com
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.936 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn