[#8098] display email address in profile

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #319648 by carin
How do I display the actual email address instead of "send Email" in the mailto link in the profile view?

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319660 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic display email address in profile
Set "Email Handling" in CB > Configuration > General to "Display Email Only" or "Display Email with Mail-To link".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319666 by carin
Replied by carin on topic display email address in profile
I set it to "Display Email with Mail-To link" and this is the page source:
<span id="cbMa46260" class="cbMailRepl"><a href="mailto:peter@peters.com"><sp&#97;n cl&#97;ss="fa fa-envelope" t&#105;tl&#101;="E-Mail senden"></sp&#97;n> E-Mail senden</a></span>

The actual email address is still not displayed. I also dont know why the letter a is substituted by these entities.

CB 2.0

3 years 9 months ago #319669 by krileon
Looks like you may have supplied custom HTML for the email address output in its layout parameters. You can find the layout parameters for email address in CB > Field Management by editing the email field and reviewing the parameters under Parameters > Layout.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319670 by carin
Replied by carin on topic display email address in profile
Parameters > Layout: All fields are empty and "Prepare Layouts using Content Plugins" = No.

CB 2.0

3 years 9 months ago #319671 by krileon
What do you have "Profile Display Mode" set to under Parameters > Display of your email field?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn