Can CB send confirmation email, but no "welcome" email? Asking for a friend. :-)

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #322101 by bascherz
This may seem like a dumb question, but if I need to make the final approval email more custom than CB configuration allows, I know I can use Auto Actions to send my custom message. That part I can handle. But is there any way to make CB not send ONLY THAT email versus disabling CB emails entirely in the Integrations tab as is implied by that Email "shut-off switch"? Is there any way to ONLY disable the post-approval email? We still need the confirmation email to get sent with the link the user has to click. Just not the final "you're good to go" email.

So, person registers. CB sends the confirmation email. User clicks the link to confirm. (We don't have an approval step.) Then the user gets a final email telling them they can log in. How do I prevent that final email?

Edit: After doing a little testing, it appears my site is sending the user confirmation notice to the admin email even though the approval step is disabled. How do I stop these automatically-generated emails without stopping ALL CB email?

Thanks!
Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #322102 by bascherz
Sometimes you just have to know what to search for in a forum. I found it here:

Previous post

Golden (if it works).

3 years 4 months ago #322127 by krileon

So, person registers. CB sends the confirmation email. User clicks the link to confirm. (We don't have an approval step.) Then the user gets a final email telling them they can log in. How do I prevent that final email?

Empty the "Welcome Email Subject" and "Welcome Email Body" parameters in CB > Configuration > Registration.

Additionally any email sent by CB can be stopped by using language overrides to translate the subject and body of the email to an empty string.

Edit: After doing a little testing, it appears my site is sending the user confirmation notice to the admin email even though the approval step is disabled. How do I stop these automatically-generated emails without stopping ALL CB email?

You should be able to turn that off by setting "Send Moderators Email" to "No" within CB > Configuration > Moderation otherwise you can use language overrides to translate its subject and body, which should be the following.

UE_REG_ADMIN_SUB
UE_REG_ADMIN_MSG

In the future we'll be reorganizing things so we can have a yes/no toggle for every automated email so it'll be a lot easier turning specific ones off/on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #322129 by bascherz
Hi Kyle,

It was sufficient to just delete the subject and body of the emails in the CB configuration. That did the job just fine. I don't want to disable moderator emails. We use them for other things. Thanks, we're good here!

Cheers,
Bruce

3 years 4 months ago #322147 by bascherz
Well, I thought we were done with this, but I have another desirement now. I need the confirmation link in the replacement confirmation email template I wrote. How do I get that after a user is registered?

Thanks!

3 years 4 months ago #322151 by krileon
Use [confirm] to insert the confirm link with linebreaks around it. If you need the raw URL use [confirmlink].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn