Reorder Fields in Search List

5 months 2 weeks ago #336087 by 100mile
Reorder Fields in Search List was created by 100mile
How can I reorder the Search Fields in List Management?
I want Username to be the first Item to search in the list.
Is there a place I can do that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #336098 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Reorder Fields in Search List
The search ordering is the same as the field ordering in CB > Field Management. There's no separate ordering for searching.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 2 weeks ago #336108 by 100mile
Replied by 100mile on topic Reorder Fields in Search List
Well that needs to be fixed.  There seems no way to make Username the first field to search in Search.
Yes, you can Username the first to be searched and displayed in it's home TAB but how do you gravitate it the first item in Search Members?

5 months 2 weeks ago #336109 by krileon
There's nothing to fix as that's not a bug. That's just how it's designed. The sorting order is by tab then by field. It's meant to mimic the flow a user took during registration or profile edit. When we redo userlists in CB 3.x we'll have completely separate sorting for userlists, but for now that's how it works.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 2 weeks ago #336110 by 100mile
Replied by 100mile on topic Reorder Fields in Search List
Thanks much for your time.
I did find a round about way to accomplish task, but I think it's sloppy.
To be able to have a Search Module, you can place anywhere, that searches only one item would be nice.
Example, a Search module that is placed at the top of page and I could select it only searches Username.

5 months 2 weeks ago #336111 by krileon
A search module for userlists is planned for CB 3.x as well, but might be available sooner am unsure for now. We'll be releasing a Joomla Smart Search indexer plugin in a future release as well to allow Joomla searches to search CB users too. The smart search plugin is already partially complete and will just be an update for our existing legacy CB Search Bot plugin. Likely will be January before it's released though as CB Activity 6.0.0 is the current focus as we've to finish all the migration code.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn