Search Module

4 months 3 weeks ago #336214 by 100mile
Search Module was created by 100mile
Yes, I know I can do what I am about to request using CB Lists and CB List Management.
However, is it possible or are you developing a Search Module that can be positioned in the Top area in the "SEARCH" position?
This Search module should have two check boxes, one the states "Search Exact"  and another that says "Any Similar".  And, if you choose Exact, you are instantly directed to that Profile.  This is to search profiles only.
For my website, realeasyhub.com, it is the main feature.
Yes, Lists can do what I want to accomplish and still can be used for more detailed searches and very handy indeed!
But, a simple search for an Exact spelling or similar in the Search position would be of great use to me and an awesome "selling" feature.
Or, do you have any other suggestions to accomplish this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 3 weeks ago #336218 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Search Module
A search module is planned in a future release, but that won't be any time soon. I'm also working on a Joomla Smart Search indexer plugin that'll be available not longer after CB Activity 6.0.0 stable release so probably won't be until sometime in January.

However userlists allow external GET/POST unless you've hotlink protection toggled on in the userlist. This means you can just make your own form to search the userlist. Example as follows.
<form action="USERLIST_URL_HERE" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="listid" value="USERLIST_ID_HERE">
    <input type="text" name="name" value="" />
    <button type="submit">Search</button>
</form>

Replace USERLIST_URL_HERE with the URL of your userlist. Replace USERLIST_ID_HERE with the id of your userlist. in the above example it will search the Name field. You can for the most part copy and paste the form HTML from a userlist itself and it will just work. Recommend using a CB Content Module or Joomla Custom HTML module for this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 3 weeks ago #336223 by 100mile
Replied by 100mile on topic Search Module
I went to List Management and could not find, USERLIST_ID_HERE
Where do I find the Userlist ID?

4 months 3 weeks ago #336224 by krileon
The userlist id is in the ID column in CB > List Management. It'll be the last column in the table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #336225 by 100mile
Replied by 100mile on topic Search Module
I looked there, this is what I see,
see attachments   

Attachments:

4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #336231 by krileon
That's the ID column. So that's the userlist id that you'd need for my example above. I'm not sure why your userlist ids are incremented so high though. Are you sure that's CB > List Management page?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.717 seconds