MFA Issue

2 months 2 days ago - 2 months 1 day ago #337314 by trlbldr
MFA Issue was created by trlbldr
I've built a new site by installing and configuring Joomla 5.0.3 with:
  • Community Builder 2.9.1
    • cb_profilebook (3.2.2)
    • cb_privacy (7.0.2)
    • cb_antispam (5.0.1+build.2024.01.26.15.06.27.28f57983a)
  • rt_studius (1.1.0) template
  • Multi-Factor Authentication Code by Email plugin
Other site information:
  • PHP 8.2.15
  • MySQLi 10.6.17-MariaDB
The problem is that when a user (me, who is also the Super Admin) attempts to login], the system returns this error:
"The page isn’t redirecting properly
An error occurred during a connection to [domain-name].org."
This occurs when the system attempts to move from 
https://[domain-name]/members/login
to
https://[domain-name].org/component/users/profile?layout=edit&Itemid=101

I think that 'usncva.org/members/login.html' should instead redirect to 'usncva.org/component/users/captive.html?Itemid=333'. There is no step yet configured to move directly to a user profile.

Thank you!

Don White

Don White

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 1 day ago #337322 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic MFA Issue

Community Builder 2.9.1

Is this latest build release or 2.9.1 stable? If stable please install latest build release as there are MFA fixes in it. Once done retry and see if your issue persists.

CB doesn't control the MFA redirect. Joomla does that during Joomla's user login events, but what can happen is CBs backdoor protection kicks in and tries to redirect to CB instead of Joomla's user component causing an infinite loop, but that usually shows as an infinite loop error. That should be fixed though in latest build release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 day ago #337327 by trlbldr
Replied by trlbldr on topic MFA Issue
Krileon,
The CB version installed and implemented on the website is the currently downloadable version. MFA works fine for me (Super User) when I log into the Joomla Admin backend but not through the front end using the CB Login form.
It continues to be a mystery.
Don White

Don White

2 months 2 hours ago #337340 by krileon
To see if it's CB causing the issue navigate to System > Manage > Plugins and find CBs system plugin, which is usually named something like "Community Builder System plugin", and set both "Redirect URLs" and "Rewrite URLs" to "Disabled" then retry. Note this should be used temporarily. Leaving these disabled will allow people to bypass CB using Joomla user edit and registration pages unless you have explicitly disabled those. If MFA then works then it's CB causing the issue and will have a better idea of where to look to find and fix the cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: trlbldr

2 months 59 minutes ago #337358 by trlbldr
Replied by trlbldr on topic MFA Issue
Thank you, again, Krileon. I've never done anything with the System-Community Builder plugin other than ensure it was published. Using your suggestions, this issue is resolved.
Cheers!

Don White

2 months 8 minutes ago - 2 months 7 minutes ago #337361 by krileon
Ok, thank you. Will retest MFA and see if there was something that was missed in the redirect check behavior.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9372

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds