CB Activity 6.x - auto update

2 months 8 hours ago #337380 by dg1
CB Activity 6.x - auto update was created by dg1
Good morning,

1) I would like to confirm whether in the current version of CB Activity the automatic update of notifications also applies to the counter of unread notifications in the Button/ButtonCount template.
In version 5.x, the unread notification counter was updated.
Currently, probably not. From my tests, automatic notification update currently does not apply to the counter or notifications in the modal window.

2) A more serious problem I encountered in connection with automatic updating of entries is related to a possible conflict when two CB Activity modules are shown on the website at the same time.
For example, the website has a CB Activity module enabled in the "Notifications" mode and another CB Activity module in the "Activity" mode.
Currently, none of them are updated regardless of the "auto_update" parameter settings in notifications or in a specific activity stream.
The same thing happens in the "Activity" tab in GroupJive, user profile, etc.
After hiding/removing the CB Activity module from the page in the "Notifications" mode, the remaining module will automatically update correctly according to the "auto_update" parameter settings.
If two CB Activity modules are placed on the website in "Activity" mode at the same time, only the first one will be updated correctly. In the second case, the update does not work.

In version 5.x this problem also occurred, but in a "mild" form.
After turning off automatic notification updates in the CB Activity module, the second module was updated correctly.

The tests were carried out in Joomla! 3.10 on FireFox and Chrome. 

I would be grateful for a tip on how to configure streams to ensure proper operation of the auto update function.
Regards,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 6 hours ago #337382 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity 6.x - auto update

1) I would like to confirm whether in the current version of CB Activity the automatic update of notifications also applies to the counter of unread notifications in the Button/ButtonCount template.
In version 5.x, the unread notification counter was updated.
Currently, probably not. From my tests, automatic notification update currently does not apply to the counter or notifications in the modal window.

It currently does not update the button, no. Have added a bug ticket to fix in a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9373

2) A more serious problem I encountered in connection with automatic updating of entries is related to a possible conflict when two CB Activity modules are shown on the website at the same time.
For example, the website has a CB Activity module enabled in the "Notifications" mode and another CB Activity module in the "Activity" mode.
Currently, none of them are updated regardless of the "auto_update" parameter settings in notifications or in a specific activity stream.
The same thing happens in the "Activity" tab in GroupJive, user profile, etc.
After hiding/removing the CB Activity module from the page in the "Notifications" mode, the remaining module will automatically update correctly according to the "auto_update" parameter settings.
If two CB Activity modules are placed on the website in "Activity" mode at the same time, only the first one will be updated correctly. In the second case, the update does not work.

Both should auto update properly, but I honestly don't recommend having more than 1 stream per page regardless. I've added a bug ticket to look into this further for a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9374

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dg1

1 month 3 weeks ago #337434 by dg1
Replied by dg1 on topic CB Activity 6.x - auto update
Hi,

Could you consider the possibility of supplementing CB Activity - Notifications with the function of playing a short sound (beep) when new unread notifications appear?
This probably only makes sense when using the Button/ButtonCount template.
Such a function should be configurable (on/off) by the administrator and should also enable or disable it via an additional user field.
Please tell me what you think about it?

Regards,

1 month 3 weeks ago #337436 by krileon

Could you consider the possibility of supplementing CB Activity - Notifications with the function of playing a short sound (beep) when new unread notifications appear?

No, that's just extremely annoying for end users. You're welcome to look into adding that yourself though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 3 weeks ago #337459 by dg1
Replied by dg1 on topic CB Activity 6.x - auto update
If it is possible to add this functionality so as not to lose changes with each CB Activity update, I will be happy to do so.
Can you suggest a direction I should go?
Using CB Auto Actions seems to be a good approach. However, please tell me which trigger should I use?
Regards,

1 month 3 weeks ago #337462 by krileon
I assume you mean add the beeping sound? There isn't a trigger for the notifications button so the only way would be a template override. I however will add a trigger for the notifications button as that'd be a good addition.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9381

Will try to have this available today, but it'll probably be something like the following.
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'activity_onDisplayNotificationButton', [ $unread ] );

That would give the number of unread notifications so it'd be easy to extend this with some JavaScript that plays a sound when the unread count is greater than 0.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: dg1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn