Globe notification icon not opening

3 weeks 2 hours ago #337741 by gboy
This issue seems to have been since Joomla ver4.0 with one of the later updates.
It is also continuing with Joomla 5.0
I'm was and am using the Helix Ultimate template and the notification globe was working fine with it but now seems to be broken.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 weeks 6 days ago #337746 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Globe notification icon not opening
I assume you mean the CB Activity notification icon? Are you displaying it in a module or is it the one at the top of your profile? It not opening is usually due to a JavaScript error happening on the page preventing its JS from working. Press F12 to open your browsers developer tools and select the Console tab then refresh the page and see if there are any errors (they'll be colored red).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #337751 by gboy
Replied by gboy on topic Globe notification icon not opening
Hi Krileon

I don't seem to have any errors using  the console but there are quite a few warnings?
Please see attachment.

It is both, the module and the Profile area that are not working.

Thank you

G
Attachments:

2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #337753 by krileon
Do you have any notifications? Believe I see the potential problem. If there's no notifications the empty modal window gets suppressed so it doesn't display. It shouldn't be doing that for notifications though so that looks like a bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9405

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 weeks 5 days ago #337754 by gboy
Replied by gboy on topic Globe notification icon not opening
No I don't have any notifications.
I see you added it as a bug.
It also says resolved.
Has it been resolved?

G

2 weeks 5 days ago #337755 by krileon
Yes it has been fixed, but a fixed build release has not been made yet. A new release will be available likely early tomorrow. The notifications icon works it's just currently hidden due to having no notifications. Next release will let it display even when empty and it will just say you've no notifications then provide an icon to close it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn