[#6091] CB Connect: Not remembers authentication

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #283484 by squarrel
Hi there,

I have:
Joomla 3.5.1
Community Builder 2.0.14
CB Connect 7
Login with Foursquare ID (CB Login)

Authentication en Registration works with Foursquare login. Only after closing the browser and starting it again it does not remember
the login and I have to login (Allow foursuare) again.

The thing I want is to once login and allow Foursquare and the browser remembering the login. Can someone help me?

Wouter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #283501 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect: Not remembers authentication
It doesn't remember your login. There's no remember me functionality for it. Also closing your browser typically clears cookies, which clears your Joomla cookie that links you to your Joomla session and results in you being logged out. To log back in simply click the button and it should immediately go through the login process as the application should already be authorized for that account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago #283517 by squarrel
Replied by squarrel on topic CB Connect: Not remembers authentication
Thank you Kyle for your answer.

Another question.

Everytime I click the button I have to click allow on the Foursquare page.
Is it possible to bypass it, because I have give permission in earlier sessions, or do I a have to click
allow everytime?

Wouter

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #283530 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect: Not remembers authentication
Yes, that maybe possible. They've updated their documentation with an additional endpoint to allow skipping reauthorization. You can try the below quickfix, but I have not tested the implementation with this endpoint.

IN: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/libraries/CB/Plugin/Connect/Provider/FoursquareProvider.php
ON: Line 29
										'authorize'	=>	'https://foursquare.com/oauth2/authorize',
TO:
										'authorize'	=>	'https://foursquare.com/oauth2/authenticate',

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6091

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn