CB Activity - no button to share media in post

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #297886 by ray1
Hi, I just bought and installed CB activity. But when I write a post, the "share media" button is missing. How can I activate this function?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #297897 by krileon
You need CB Activity and CB Gallery. That functionality is added to CB Activity by CB Gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #297900 by ray1
Thank you for the quick reply! I am not sure I understand - so this means I Need to purchase yet another plugin just to have this Button? How come that when I use the CB activity demo on your site, the button is there, and it is not mentioned anywhere that the media posting does not work just with CB activity? Without the Picture functionality, CB activity is useless for my purpose.

6 years 5 months ago #297901 by krileon
To upload media directly to the stream you need CB Gallery. That functionality is provided by CB Gallery. It's available on the demo site because every add-on is installed on our demo site. The demo site is also a showcase of all our products, which you get with Professional or Developer subscriptions. You can still share media if you've a URL to a photo, video, etc.. on an activity stream without CB Gallery using the Links functionality.

Please understand we provide single add-on purchases as a courtesy due to constant public request. We however do not design plugins with single add-on purchases in mind. Many of our plugins work together and extend one another with more and more functionality. Depending on your needs it maybe worth just getting a Professional subscription. Individual add-on plans are typically beneficial if you only need 1-3 add-ons at most and in your case you need 2 since you want media uploading from activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304077 by pjfroelofs
Replied by pjfroelofs on topic CB Activity - no button to share media in post
I added the CB gallery functionality to my CB activity timeline.
But now there is hamburgermenu visible with the 'Gallery' option.

Is there a way that the image upload functionality is enabled for CB activity, but that the gallery option is not visible?

5 years 11 months ago #304097 by krileon
Move the Gallery tab within CB > Tab Management to a not shown on profile position.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn