CB Connect / Google Sign In / Update available since Google+ API shutting down?

5 years 3 months ago #309386 by benvoth
We were just notified that the Google+ API will be shutting down on March 7, 2019. This plugin relies on this API. Will you be releasing an update for this plugin so that it will continue to work with Google? We rely heavily on this plugin so we would love to continue to use.

Just let me know.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309389 by krileon
Already noted in the below ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7367

We'll have the Google+ API replaced with their Identity/People API before the Google+ API is disabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309390 by benvoth

5 years 2 months ago #310009 by benvoth
Just following up here to see if there has been any progress? Thank you.

5 years 2 months ago #310024 by krileon
You can follow progress in the forge ticket linked above. This has not been fixed yet. The G+ Sign In API won't be deprecated until March 7th and it will be replaced before then.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #311028 by benvoth
We've got the new version of the plugin (thank you!) and are about to install it.

My question: will the users that have previously synced their Joomla account to their Google account using the previous version of this plugin need to re-sync their account? Or does the same Google connection that was made with the Google+ API continue to work with the Google People API?

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn