Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Connection path exhaust server php memory

• Viames
  • Viames
18 years 4 months ago #3996 by Viames
Hello guys, I experienced a problem of:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130 bytes) in /includes/database.php on line 406

just on a user profile that reported to me, but maybe other occours and said nothing to me. The error is generated by "Connection Path" Tab, and function on database.php line 406 is database->loadResultArray. So i disabled this tab and her profile has become working again. I have to say that this user has many connections and site is managing 400+ users fine.
When I disabled "Connection Path" from the Tab managment I got a notice from PHP:

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /includes/joomla.php on line 1725

[code:1] function emailCloaking( $mail, $mailto=1, $text='', $email=1 ) {
// convert text
$mail = mosHTML::encoding_converter( $mail );
// split email by @ symbol
$mail = explode( '@', $mail );
$mail_parts = explode( '.', $mail[1] );[/code:1]

the last code line is the 1725th.
It just happened, I didn't try to understand.
Thanks for any help :)

CB italian translation & testing
translations on joomla.it
homesites: Viames.it , Crotone on Web

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Walesa
  • Walesa
18 years 3 months ago #6233 by Walesa
I've the same error in my site...
I'm running Mambo...

I can't unpubblish the connections right now... my users kill me can I suggest a limitations of the connection!!! I've try different way and i've find that the max limit is different, to contain thi error there must be a limitation of about 35 cross connections (all user have got picture)...

I think this is a great problems... I had a larger increment in traffic in my site since i've pubblished the connections amd i hope it's the same for the other "citizens"... so now?!?

It's possible to have a solution right now? before another CB version?

_____
OT: Viames...puniscimi per il mio Inglese...

Post edited by: Walesa, at: 2006/02/13 20:13

• nant
  • nant
18 years 3 months ago #6237 by nant
The fastest and safest thing to do is turn off Display Connection Path in the Connection configuration path.

• beat
  • beat
18 years 3 months ago #6327 by beat
If you dig into the code of cb.connections.php plugin, there is a query where you can try to tune the maximum degrees of the connection to relief a little bit the memory constraints. B)

But the easiest would be to ask your hosting provider to increase your php memory limit from 12 Megs to something more confortable, like 64 Megs :D

I will see if we can do something about that for 1.0 stable. Please log bug report on forge.joomla.org with link to this thread. But no guarantees. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon