Adjust avatar position in login module?

14 years 11 months ago #101263 by ShadowKyogre
Adjust avatar position in login module? was created by ShadowKyogre
Is there a way to adjust the vertical position of a member's avatar after they log in to be a bit higher? On my site, the avatar sinks halfway below the top menu :/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #101316 by danielc
Replied by danielc on topic Re:Adjust avatar position in login module?
It might be a problem with your template, could you post a screenshot example? I might be able to help...

If you edit the file at /modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin.php you can see where the code for the avatar starts at line 203 and continues to line 275 (I think). Depending on what you've got congfigured in the Login Module parameters (in the backend), you can hack around with the code to possibly shove it to the top of the module. Example, it puts the greeting above the avatar, but with greeting off I think it still leaves a space there (can't really tell).

If you still need help, upload a screenshot and I might be able to give you a hand with things to try - I modified my login box quite a bit even though I know little of PHP lol

Post edited by: danielc, at: 2009/06/07 15:35

Regards,
DanielC
Attachments:

14 years 11 months ago #101317 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Adjust avatar position in login module?
PHP isn't needed for template changes. All can be controlled by CSS using Firefox's Firebug Inspect or other similar browser addons.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 11 months ago #101324 by danielc
Firebug! I was trying to remember that one for the thread I started (Menu Bar), thank you =)

Regards,
DanielC

14 years 11 months ago #101325 by ShadowKyogre
Replied by ShadowKyogre on topic Re:Adjust avatar position in login module?
Left is logged in, right is w/o logging in, I still need to change the icons though :/

Post edited by: ShadowKyogre, at: 2009/06/07 16:55

14 years 11 months ago #101327 by danielc
Yeah I guessed it mighta been that... I think it's impossible. You've got the mode on that makes CB Login a thin bar, you have to either make the whole login module bigger or make the display picture thumbnail smaller via CB configuration "Components > Community Builder > Configuration > Images tab"

I know, from the eye there is space above the picture. But that's in a completely seperate part of the code, probably not even in the same module position let alone in CB...

...sorry I couldn't help, it's beyond me - it'd need a lot of code hacks to physically move it up, unless someone knows of another way [make the avatar floating somehow] :(

P.S. Off topic, but I thought i'd say - if you made that avatar yourself, consider making those white corners transparent and saving as a PNG - it'll get rid of the white box around the picture and you'll have those smooth curved corners :)

Post edited by: danielc, at: 2009/06/07 17:19

Regards,
DanielC

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn