wrong initial display Advanced Search

14 years 11 months ago #101529 by alfons
I've upgraded to CB 1.2.1 and I'm using an Advanced Search list. When I open the list the search criteria are non-collapsed. Like this:

(I did some tweaking in the picture above since I don't want to use data from my site (other language))

In your demo site the Advanced Search is nicely collapsed. Much smoother. Is this a possible bug or are there any settings I could use?

Post edited by: alfons, at: 2009/06/09 10:47
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #101538 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:wrong initial display Advanced Search
You didn't mention Joomla version. If J1.5 you can change this from the menu links params to the userlist. Otherwise you can add your link without &searchmode=1 on the end.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #101545 by alfons
Replied by alfons on topic Re:wrong initial display Advanced Search
This is not what I mean. By the way I'm using J1.5. The menu link to the user list is directed to my first userlist (simple search) with the option searchmode=1 set. When that list is displayed I select another list from the dropdown box (in the top right corner) showing my advanced search list. Exactly like the joomlapolis demo site.

What I mean is that the search criteria fields are non-collapsed after openening the search criteria. When a fields shows 'No Preference' it should not display the field itself. Like the demosite does.

14 years 11 months ago #101548 by krileon
Possibly a bad install (perform expert upgrade to resolve) or something is conflicting with the JS. Use Firebug or Web Developer for Firefox to expect the error console and see if there are any JS conflicts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #101550 by alfons
Replied by alfons on topic Re:wrong initial display Advanced Search
No js error found with firebug. I upgraded CB with expert upgrade already. Any idea what php script is responsible for this? I assume cb_core.php

14 years 11 months ago #101555 by krileon
alfons wrote:

No js error found with firebug. I upgraded CB with expert upgrade already. Any idea what php script is responsible for this? I assume cb_core.php

Thoroughly read the self help link in my signature and follow the steps very carefully. Report back if resolved or with requested information.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn