Date of birth Field

14 years 11 months ago #101708 by evelyndc
Date of birth Field was created by evelyndc
Look, I know this is something very simple but it's driving me nuts. I installed CB yesterday and I still can't make the date of birth field work properly. I would LOVE to make it work with drop downs with months, days and years. But how to?

Thanks in advace.

PS: Yes, I'm very new at this, started with Joomla last friday and I know nothing about web design or programming =(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #101715 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Date of birth Field
Birthday selection works fine just as you stated. Here it is on my site: www.nunavutonline.com/Create-an-account.html.

Maybe attach a screen shot of your birthday field edit screen; you really havnt provided much to go on so far. Is it even set as a date field?

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 11 months ago #101739 by evelyndc
Replied by evelyndc on topic Re:Date of birth Field
Thank you so much for your response Crayfish. Yes, that's exactly how I want it to work, the way it does in your beautiful site.
Here are the screenshots of the Types of field and the Tabs available. If you need translation, just ask.

I tried with picking "Date" type, but when I try and register it says "DOB is required!" even when I've filled it as required.

Then I tried picking "Drop down", but beats me when and how do I have to enter the options.

Can you tell me how you did it, step by step? I will dance for you if you do it lol.

Post edited by: evelyndc, at: 2009/06/11 15:45

Post edited by: evelyndc, at: 2009/06/11 15:45
Attachments:

14 years 11 months ago #101745 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Date of birth Field
I did nothing special that I recall. Set it as type date. Text field certainly won't provide a date drop down list. See attached.

Post edited by: ckayfish, at: 2009/06/11 18:36

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here
Attachments:

14 years 11 months ago #101751 by evelyndc
Alright so I followed your steps, I created a new field using this options:

Then, when the field-specific parameters appeared, there's a subtle, but I think vital, difference:

This is how it looks on my site so far:

Maybe I should just quit and become a waitress.

14 years 11 months ago #101752 by evelyndc
Can you tell me what did you set in Configuration, in Date Format and Calendar Type? (that's almost on top)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn