Installed CB, now cannot login to Joomla backend

14 years 6 months ago #113150 by EastsideBusiness
Installed CB, now cannot login to Joomla backend was created by EastsideBusiness
I tried to install CB, and disabled regular joomla login as directed - now I cannot get into my back end to do anything.

Please help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113155 by krileon
CB has nothing to do with affecting your Joomla backend login. Examine your server error logs and please be more descriptive of can't access. Any errors, what page is shown when trying to visit backend page, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #113165 by gorf8083
EastsideBusiness wrote:

I tried to install CB, and disabled regular joomla login as directed - now I cannot get into my back end to do anything.

Please help!

I looks like you disabled the Joomla authentication, to recover from this Oppsie you have to edit the database for the Joomla site itself and re-enable the Joomla Authentication Plug-in. In the Instructions it directs you to the global settings to disable the joomla login not the system plug-ins.

I use PHPMyAdmin to administer the MySQL Databases but if you have another solution that's fine also.

Once you get into your database, you need to edit the contents of the jos_plugin table. There should be a record named "Authentication - Joomla" and along with it is a field for "published" with a value of 0, set this to 1 and save the record and your Joomla Authentication should once again be enabled and you can then again log into Joomla back-end.

Community Builder uses the Joomla Authentication to authenticate users but uses its own login and registration forms bypassing the Joomla Forms.

Post edited by: gorf8083, at: 2009/10/05 20:48

14 years 6 months ago #113172 by krileon
Which is the reason we have a document subscriber subscription with full documentation to assist in setting up CB properly. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #113173 by gorf8083
Laugh, the only reason I know this is because I have done it myself when I was trying to get LDAP Authentication to work right.

BUT I must admit, CB is definitely worth the price you pay for it. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for, in this case you are getting a lot more than what you are paying for with a full feature rich Joomla Component. I have paid $20 before for a component that does not do anything close to what CB will do.

Keep up the great work guys!

14 years 6 months ago #113179 by EastsideBusiness
Replied by EastsideBusiness on topic Re:Installed CB, now cannot login to Joomla backen
Thank you so much for your reply, but when I went in to PHPMyAdmin and looked at the DB, the "published" was already set at 1. Any other ideas?

gorf8083 wrote:

EastsideBusiness wrote:

Please help!

I looks like you disabled the Joomla authentication, to recover from this Oppsie you have to edit the database for the Joomla site itself and re-enable the Joomla Authentication Plug-in. In the Instructions it directs you to the global settings to disable the joomla login not the system plug-ins.

I use PHPMyAdmin to administer the MySQL Databases but if you have another solution that's fine also.

Once you get into your database, you need to edit the contents of the jos_plugin table. There should be a record named "Authentication - Joomla" and along with it is a field for "published" with a value of 0, set this to 1 and save the record and your Joomla Authentication should once again be enabled and you can then again log into Joomla back-end.

Community Builder uses the Joomla Authentication to authenticate users but uses its own login and registration forms bypassing the Joomla Forms.

Post edited by: gorf8083, at: 2009/10/05 20:48

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn