Installed CB, now cannot login to Joomla backend

14 years 6 months ago #113180 by EastsideBusiness
Replied by EastsideBusiness on topic Re:Installed CB, now cannot login to Joomla backen
Thanks Kyle. I have no idea what to look for in the server error logs (but did find them after much effort).

Depending on what I put in for username and password combos, it either refreshes the admin login page or gives error message: "Username and password do not match"

krileon wrote:

CB has nothing to do with affecting your Joomla backend login. Examine your server error logs and please be more descriptive of can't access. Any errors, what page is shown when trying to visit backend page, etc...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113182 by gorf8083
The only other thing I can think of is to go to the PHPMyAdmin and look at the JOM_Users table. You will see the Admin Account in there with a MD5 Hash for the user password. Either Blank out that password or use a MD5 Hash creator like THIS and replace the MD5 hash with another. Then login with the new settings.

WARNING: If you blank out this password, IMMEDIATELY log into the back-end and reset the password to another one. You don't want to leave your install out in the open.

14 years 6 months ago #113183 by EastsideBusiness
Replied by EastsideBusiness on topic Re:Installed CB, now cannot login to Joomla backen
I'd be happy to pay for your subscription Kyle, but so far I have never been able to get CB to do anything but cause problems - mostly because your existing readme document.

What assurance do I have of actually getting CB to work by purchasing your subscription?

krileon wrote:

Which is the reason we have a document subscriber subscription with full documentation to assist in setting up CB properly. ;)

14 years 6 months ago #113185 by EastsideBusiness
Thanks again - but I'm not seeing the JOM-Users table .... is there somewhere specifically I should be looking for it?

gorf8083 wrote:

The only other thing I can think of is to go to the PHPMyAdmin and look at the JOM_Users table. You will see the Admin Account in there with a MD5 Hash for the user password. Either Blank out that password or use a MD5 Hash creator like THIS and replace the MD5 hash with another. Then login with the new settings.

WARNING: If you blank out this password, IMMEDIATELY log into the back-end and reset the password to another one. You don't want to leave your install out in the open.

14 years 6 months ago #113195 by gorf8083
EastsideBusiness wrote:

Thanks again - but I'm not seeing the JOM-Users table .... is there somewhere specifically I should be looking for it?

You don't have a jos_users table at all? You are using Joomla 1.5 right? lol I guess I could have asked all of that first... If you don't have a jos_users table under you PHPMyAdmin then that is most probably your problem. I would check again and if you still can't find it then reply with your Joomla version and I will make you a MySQL query to add a table back in for you with a basic admin accont for you.

14 years 6 months ago #113200 by EastsideBusiness
Apologies - I was looking for jom_users

I did find jos_users and blanked out and then reset a couple of different users passwords (using the tool you provided). Still cannot seem to login.

Would this have anything to do with the Language or SEO settings? The only solution I can come up with in complete reinstall - it was kind of painful importing the old db ...

Thank you for your help! You are an all-star!

gorf8083 wrote:

EastsideBusiness wrote:

You don't have a jos_users table at all? You are using Joomla 1.5 right? lol I guess I could have asked all of that first... If you don't have a jos_users table under you PHPMyAdmin then that is most probably your problem. I would check again and if you still can't find it then reply with your Joomla version and I will make you a MySQL query to add a table back in for you with a basic admin accont for you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn