Installed CB, now cannot login to Joomla backend

14 years 6 months ago #113201 by gorf8083
EastsideBusiness wrote:

Apologies - I was looking for jom_users

I did find jos_users and blanked out and then reset a couple of different users passwords (using the tool you provided). Still cannot seem to login.

Would this have anything to do with the Language or SEO settings? The only solution I can come up with in complete reinstall - it was kind of painful importing the old db ...

Thank you for your help! You are an all-star!

It might be to that point. That's why its always a good idea to do a database backup before you install any major components like Community Builder. I still don't understand why your back-end would be doing that.

Ok can we try one more thing? Can you register as a new user? Then you can go and with the jos_users table and set that account to a super administrator. If that does not work then I would start over...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113204 by EastsideBusiness
Replied by EastsideBusiness on topic Re:Installed CB, now cannot login to Joomla backen
Thank you - It won't let me register as a new user either ...

Back to the drawing board. Hope I can get CB to work this time....

gorf8083 wrote:

EastsideBusiness wrote:

Apologies - I was looking for jom_users

I did find jos_users and blanked out and then reset a couple of different users passwords (using the tool you provided). Still cannot seem to login.

Would this have anything to do with the Language or SEO settings? The only solution I can come up with in complete reinstall - it was kind of painful importing the old db ...

Thank you for your help! You are an all-star!

It might be to that point. That's why its always a good idea to do a database backup before you install any major components like Community Builder. I still don't understand why your back-end would be doing that.

Ok can we try one more thing? Can you register as a new user? Then you can go and with the jos_users table and set that account to a super administrator. If that does not work then I would start over...

13 years 11 months ago #133675 by salientknight
Replied by salientknight on topic Re:Installed CB, now cannot login to Joomla backend
I just went through this. I had turned off, user-joomla when I was turning off all the default login stuff.
Gorf got me close enough with the earlier post that I was able to find and set the publish setting for user-joomla to 1 which let me back in.

Thanks Gorf :cheer:

-=SalientKnight=-

Post edited by: salientknight, at: 2010/05/21 17:44

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.653 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn