Fatal error: kunena.config.class.php on line 20

14 years 11 months ago #99784 by Bornabe
Figured it Out. What happened is that when I downloaded the Kunena Forum, it was an older version as the Joomla.org site wasn't updated with the 'newest' 5-21 one or something... I must've just had the older one just before that date. I know it had to be my own messup somewhere. Here's how I installed everything this time, a 100% completely fresh and new install to the server.

Installed Joomla v1.5.10 (No Sample Data)
Installed CB v1.2.1 com_comprofiler.zip
Installed CB v1.2.1 mod_cblogin.zip
Installed CB v1.2.1 mod_comprofilerModerator.zip
Installed CB v1.2.1 mod_comprofilerOnline.zip
Enabled CB Login, CB Workflows, CB Online Modules
Synchronized Users using CB Tool: Synchronize Users
Created Menu Item: CB User Profile
Created Menu Item: CB User List
Loaded CB Sample Data
Set CB Registration for Allow User Registration to: 'yes, independently of global site setting'
Set Joomla Allow User Registration to: 'No'

Visited Site: Logged In - Everything Ok

Enabled Joomla Plugin: Legacy Mode
Installed Kunena Forums: com_kunena_v1.0.10_stable_b1344_2009-05-21.zip
Created Menu Item: Kunena Forums

Visited Site: Everything Ok

Enabled CB v1.2.1 Plugin: Forum Integration
Enabled CB v1.2.1 Tab: Forum (Forum Integration)
Edited CB Plugin: Forum Integration - Set Kunena Forum Component Manually

Installed Template: Dimensions
Installed Module: Dimensions RokZoom
Installed Module: Dimensions Menu
Set Template Default: Dimensions

Now I just need to find someone who can create me some really good World of Warcraft-like graphics for our Guild site using that Dimenions Template I purchased, because it has the perfect 'layout' I enjoy and a nice time-of-day appearance adjusting template.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #100628 by krikkit
OK, just a comment. First of all: kudos to the Joomlapolis team for creating CB 1.2 - amazing add-on!

Now, I too tried to get Kunena working with CB 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 but to no avail...until I found this thread. My mistake? I installed Kunena 1.5.0, the native version for Joomla 1.5.10 which is what I'm using. Uninstalled 1.5.0 and installed 1.0.10 and hey presto, it works. But why do I have to run the Joomla 1.0.x version of Kunena in legacy mode to get it to work in the first place...?

14 years 11 months ago #100633 by ckayfish
krikkit wrote:

OK, just a comment. First of all: kudos to the Joomlapolis team for creating CB 1.2 - amazing add-on!

Now, I too tried to get Kunena working with CB 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 but to no avail...until I found this thread. My mistake? I installed Kunena 1.5.0, the native version for Joomla 1.5.10 which is what I'm using. Uninstalled 1.5.0 and installed 1.0.10 and hey presto, it works. But why do I have to run the Joomla 1.0.x version of Kunena in legacy mode to get it to work in the first place...?

First, the annoucement was quite clear that the Integration was for CB 1.2.1 Kunena 1.0.10 only. Second, the Kunena team is supporting two branches, one for J1.0.x and the other for J1.5 so they need to make each functional change to both branches. They have not released the 1.5 version with the new changes yet. I understand there is an SVN verstion that may be available for testing. The stable release (or an RC?) for J1.5 native that supports these new features will be availble when they have time.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 11 months ago #101650 by krikkit
OK, just want to emphasize - not trying to place blame on anyone here. :) I understand that people create this in their spare time etc. I was just curious as to why this was, and well, there's the reason. Thanks! :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn