Error goes away with error mode on!

14 years 1 month ago #126711 by jay44
Replied by jay44 on topic Re:Error goes away with error mode on!
Thank you very much Beat.

I will pass the information on to the hosting provider!

J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127194 by jay44
Replied by jay44 on topic Re:Error goes away with error mode on!
Hi Beat and Nick

The host has now completed exhaustive testing, upgraded everything, and still the fault occurs.

[Fri Mar 12 09:46:08 2010] [notice] child pid 2258 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

- from the CB registration form

- this has been ocuring since CB 1.2.1 (I upgraded to 1.2.2 in the hope it would go away)

Here are the comments:

There is a recent bug report filed against the current version of php5 on Debian Stable - it was logged in March 2010. The gist of the report is that xmlrpc_decode calls generate segfaults when the "methodName" tags are not present but the methodCall" tag is present. The URL for this discussions is:
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=573573

I have verified the following:

1) That the condition described above does cause a segfault.
2) That the problem joomla site uses xmlrpc.

A php fix does appear to be in the pipeline for Debian stable, however I would note the following:

1) Such a fix will prevent segfaults but may still throw errors if the xml is not as expected.

My suggestion is for the website developers to review their site and if possible ensure that that the xmlrpc_decode functions always find a methodName" tag.

The other information I have been given is

The server is a VM running under Xen. Both Host and VM are Debian Lenny AMD64.

Are you able to check that xmlrpc_decode functions always find a "methodName" tag in CB registration please?

All assistance very much appreciated.

J

14 years 1 month ago #127227 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Error goes away with error mode on!
Nor CB nor CBSubs nor any CB Team plugins use PHP function xmlrpc_decode.

CB uses SimpleXML PHP library, which is standard with PHP 5.

So I guess something else is causing this.

Btw We have been running a few of our hosting servers under Debian Lenny too, without such issues in CB.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn