Strange Message about Profile Link

14 years 2 months ago #126902 by jciconsult
Strange Message about Profile Link was created by jciconsult
After installing cb 1.2.2 this message appears in tools
In order for CB to function properly a Joomla/Mambo menu item must be present. This menu item must also be published for PUBLIC access. It appears that this environment is missing this mandatory menu item. Please refer to the section titled "Adding the CB Profile" of the PDF installation guide included in your CB distribution package for additional information regarding this matter.

HOWEVER, I have a menu item for the profile in two menus.
The topic has been locked.
14 years 2 months ago #126906 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Strange Message about Profile Link
jciconsult wrote:

After installing cb 1.2.2 this message appears in tools
In order for CB to function properly a Joomla/Mambo menu item must be present. This menu item must also be published for PUBLIC access. It appears that this environment is missing this mandatory menu item. Please refer to the section titled "Adding the CB Profile" of the PDF installation guide included in your CB distribution package for additional information regarding this matter.

HOWEVER, I have a menu item for the profile in two menus.

And is this menu item public?
14 years 2 months ago #126907 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re:Strange Message about Profile Link
I don't want it to be public because we do NOT allow front end registration.
14 years 2 months ago #126924 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Strange Message about Profile Link
jciconsult wrote:

I don't want it to be public because we do NOT allow front end registration.

Here is the thing - you don;t want it but Joomla needs it to generate an itemid for the component.

This has been stated many times on the forums.

It is included in the documentation.

It has been added to the CB 1.2.2 stable installation guide in big bold letters.

We finally added it to our tools checker.

Feel free to ignore this, but if you have an issue with CB it just might be because Joomla wasn't able to generate an itemid for the component.

P.S. Do not mean to offensive in any way - just posting this for others really reading and having similar concerns.
Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/03/16 11:28

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/03/16 11:29
14 years 2 months ago #126933 by jciconsult
I would imagine that I am not the only one with multiple sites that do NOT allow front end registration. In most of my sites, there are no cb functions at all available to the public. In one, for several years, we have used some of the list features with no problems for public users.

My understanding is the item id is used to place modules appropriately. Since mostCB-related content is on non-public pages, this has never seemed to cause me problems.

Can you suggest what usages are not good to avoid any issue with the item id?
14 years 2 months ago #126934 by jciconsult
Is the problem resolved if we make the link to cb public but put it in a NON public menu I tried that and the message disappears.

Can we generate the event id in a menu that we do not use?
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn