Strange Message about Profile Link

14 years 2 months ago #126949 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Strange Message about Profile Link
Create a new menu called Hidden, then add your public AND published CB link to this menu; then never publish the module. This is how you achieve the itemid without actually having the menu link present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
14 years 1 month ago #128135 by Theo01
Replied by Theo01 on topic Re:Strange Message about Profile Link
This seems quite complicated.

Until now I had the menu item to Community Builder set to Registered. I don't know what the itemid is used for, but it had been working smoothly that way.

I don't want a "My Profile" menu item either, if a user isn't logged on. I only want this menu entry visible after logging on.

While trying to use krileon's method I stumbled over this note:

"This is a menu item for Community Builder User profile. Please create only one of them and make sure that this menu item is of public access and published."

If I create the item hidden, I can't have a second one shown when the user is logged on.
Is there a way out of this dilemma or can I simply ignore this note without getting in trouble later?
14 years 1 month ago #128140 by dhallquist
Replied by dhallquist on topic Re:Strange Message about Profile Link
I'm in the same boat. I knew I should not have upgraded. No one seams to know the answer.:unsure:
14 years 1 month ago #128141 by dhallquist
This is really frustrating. Why can't someone just make a bug fix for this. Everything worked fine before. This message is wacky and makes nonsense. I don't want to have a joomla/mambo menu for everyone to see.

I'm so lost.
14 years 1 month ago #128155 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Strange Message about Profile Link
dhallquist wrote:

This is really frustrating. Why can't someone just make a bug fix for this. Everything worked fine before. This message is wacky and makes nonsense. I don't want to have a joomla/mambo menu for everyone to see.

I'm so lost.

Because its not a bug!

Joomla needs a public menu item for each component.

In CB 1.2.2 we put this check because in previous versions very few users actually read the readme files included in the package and even fewer followed the instructions. Thus, they didn't create this mandatory menu item and they were experiencing many problems because of this.

This is not a bug. This is the way Joomla works.
14 years 1 month ago #128164 by dhallquist
I guess I'm stupid, but I've never had to deal with this. There are no instructions anywhere about making a public menu item for joomla/mambot. I read the readmes and than scanned through again and again. Is there an exact place?:dry:
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn